GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With the +35 offset, and the tire size 295/35/24, and being lowered, will my tires rub in the front?

·
Registered
303 Posts
With the +35 offset, and the tire size 295/35/24, and being lowered, will my tires rub in the front?
That's a 32.1" tire. I'm gonna say YES you will definantly rub with your 10" wide rims. I'm running 265/75/16's(31.6") on a 3" drop and I rub on huge bumps. My rims are only 16x7 though(stockers).

You're gonna have to run the 275/25/24's or whatever they are. There's a guy who runs them on a 4/6 on here.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Right now its a 3/4 Drop, with 22" wheels with a 285/45/22 tire, and It doesnt rub at all. and thats with Keys up front only, and the front tires are toe in and they dont rub. Now I want to put 24's and put drop spindles!

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I dont care if they rub a little bit on the splash shield. I just dont want them to be digging into that fucker when I turn. There are some guys around here with there yukon lowered, and when they turn it sounds like there gonna rip the splash shield off!

·
Donk Rider
672 Posts
Its hard to say exactly how much its going to rub. It will rub for a fact. The only time mine rubbed was when i was backing up and turning. That was with 24s and 26s. My home boy has a tahoe 3/5 on some 6's and he rubs a little but not enough to rip the ish off.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
will a +40 work with a 3 inch bodydrop...im bout ready 2 go get me some new ones and would like 2 know about if im gonna have 2 shorten my rearend or not 24x10 with a 275-30

·
Pebble Pushers
3,028 Posts
will a +40 work with a 3 inch bodydrop...im bout ready 2 go get me some new ones and would like 2 know about if im gonna have 2 shorten my rearend or not 24x10 with a 275-30
you don't nessesarly have to shorten the axel but you have to do ALOT of work to your bedsides, trust me thats what i did

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
a +40 on a 10 inch wheel is about the same as what you have isnt it Matrix...i went 2 see about getting some while my truck is tore down but now my rim guy is telling me they dont make my rim in a +40 anymore so i guess the search continues....what brand are your wheels so maybe they have a differant style that i might like with alot of offset

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
my 22s are between 3/8 and 1/2 inch from rubbing now...if i can find something with the same offset andwith a tire thats only 1/2inch taller than what i have now i dont see why it wouldnt clear...its finding a good offset on a 24 that is the biggest problem...but my fenders a hella flared also..that might have something to do with it:nono:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts