GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
GMFS founding member
4,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dark Eternal said:
what do you mean what one? You just said your going to use a yellow top.

red=starting
yellow=deep cycle
i need to know which model yellow top, they have different terminals. just wondering which one will be easiest to hook up to the stock battery cables.

·
Registered
308 Posts
well since you're drivin a gm product, i'd buy the one with side terminals, because that should be your stock setup

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
the deep cycle is designed to be totally drained and recharged without hurting it. Its great for winching etc....

Look at it this way

red - you could winch faster - lights may be a tad brighter
yellow - could winch much longer and run other accesories much longer.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
I think when I get my new batt, its gonna be a deep cycle...im bad about drainin by battery, and a lot of times killin it...which is partly why im also in the market for a new one...my old startin battery has been killed so many times.

·
Knuckle Buster
1,001 Posts
running red tops here...i love them

·
Registered
72 Posts
Actually, the Yellow top has enough cranking amps to work as a starting battery. Yellows are more money then red. I have a Red with side and top terminals, I couldnt get a Yellow, I would of had to order it. I got mine for $99 at Costco.

Steve

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sr2003 said:
Actually, the Yellow top has enough cranking amps to work as a starting battery.
Steve

I hope so, that way you don't need 2 batteries! Or do you mean they are good for when it's freezing outside?

·
GMFS founding member
4,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sr2003 said:
Actually, the Yellow top has enough cranking amps to work as a starting battery. Yellows are more money then red. I have a Red with side and top terminals, I couldnt get a Yellow, I would of had to order it. I got mine for $99 at Costco.

Steve
i'm looking for something to run my alpine 5 channel and give me decent power for starting, etc. a single yellow top should work well.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
hovisimo said:
i'm looking for something to run my alpine 5 channel and give me decent power for starting, etc. a single yellow top should work well.
i've been running a yellow for about a year now. no problems.

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
i need to upgrade to an optima once i get my subs back in. i have a 220 amp alt. and it works well with my 2 elec. air compressors, but my battery will need an upgrade once i have the amps to power also.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts