GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to support a sponsor on here when I buy a set of HIDs in the next week or so. I will be getting the 8000k kit, and be adding foglights with HIDs in the future. I cant decide if I should buy the kit from ledgauges.com or inmotionperf.com....So are they virtually the same in color and quality?Why or why not?

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Im ordered the kit from inmotionperf.com. Great customer servivce...what they look like is up to you, im running the 6000k's which are white with some blue. 8000k is gonna have a very blue look espically in our light housings like gmc00z had.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
inmotionperf.com is where all of us local guys got ours. I just got a bad ballast and nick (nkz71) had one with his fog light as well. Josh (inmotionperf) replaced them free of charge and a great guy to work with.
If i were you i would get 6000k bc over time the light output and color will just get worse (less light and more color over time).
Josh price matches also if you are wanting to get them at the same price

·
Asian as fuck!
3,863 Posts
I have 6000k's that I got from Josh(inmotion), they are as blue as I'd ever want them to be.. no complaints about the kit so far.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
over time the light output decreases and the color becomes more "blue" if you will.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
all of them will have some sort of change from what ive read/understood. Either way,in your housing i would get 6k

·
Asian as fuck!
3,863 Posts
over time the light output decreases and the color becomes more "blue" if you will.
how much time are we talking here? I mean, saying its going to happen over months compared to saying its going to happen over the next couple decades is a big difference....

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
how much time are we talking here? I mean, saying its going to happen over months compared to saying its going to happen over the next couple decades is a big difference....
maybe Duda can shed some light on the subject...im going by what he was saying in his HID thread, iirc

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
just get the 6,000k from Josh at Inmotion.. You won't be dissapointed

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
well this is when I had my OEM temp (4300k) but it kinda shows the difference in light output/color for the 8,000ks which Jonathan has

Mine on left.. Jonathans on Right (w/ foglights on)
DSC01707.gif

And then for this pic.. Jonathan obviously on the left me on right.. this isnt really accurate tho
DSC01706.gif

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I thought I was positive on 8000k, but now yall have me thinking...

Anybody have some pics in the 99-02 housings???

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
After seeing tfunit's you will be set on 6000k....take our word for it and just order them already

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
hmmmmmmm........any pics of 99-02 Chevy housings? Will these work with projectors good or stick with my Xenarcs?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts