GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cant get a CORSA exhaust shipped to me earlier than a week and I want something on my Tahoe now. My local performance shop here in town has a Borla Touring exhaust and Borla Performance exhaust. I like how Corsa sounds, but havent heard borla, does Borla sound good on a 5.3Liter GM? Also, which would you choose, Borla or Corsa?

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts
personally, i'd go with corsa. although i've heard that borla stingers sound good, i only have experience with corsa. theres a local dodge rumble bee around here with borla on it but it reminds me of straight-pipes:imo

·
To hell with BHO!!
2,645 Posts
You will NOT like the Borla cat-back. The muffler is massive and is too dam quiet. Trust me, I bought one back in the day and wish I never did. Ended up taking that big ass muffler off and puttin an XR1 in place of it. Night and day difference!! Was very pleased.

But between the 2, go Corsa all the way.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have a Borla catback on mine, its alright. The tone is lower and my neighbor always complains he can hear my truck start up in the morning when Im going to work. Its not bad but if I had enough money for a corsa I would of gotten it. Definitly go for a corsa.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Another vote for Corsa.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
XR1 is nice.

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
CORLA... a new hybrid

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
:D

Dam. Who sells that one?????????????????????:D
I do...very very expensive! Each one has an individual serial number on it and signed my the inventor, me. They are $5,000/ea set... I take paypal.

:bowtie:

·
U-Turn Master
239 Posts
I vote Corsa, I had an XR-1 dumped on my '99 5.3 and it was too quiet for me. I love my Corsa Sport

·
To hell with BHO!!
2,645 Posts
I vote Corsa, I had an XR-1 dumped on my '99 5.3 and it was too quiet for me. I love my Corsa Sport
Holy shit! Which one did you have??? The 12" that was on my 99 was a hell of alot louder than my Corsa is!

And im going back to an XR1!!

·
U-Turn Master
239 Posts
Holy shit! Which one did you have??? The 12" that was on my 99 was a hell of alot louder than my Corsa is!

And im going back to an XR1!!
I had the 12" dumped before the axle on a 5.3 and @ WOT it was deffinately quieter than my Corsa Sport on my 6.0.

·
To hell with BHO!!
2,645 Posts
go to Borla site and you can listen

link
http://www.borla.com/
Theres no clip of the XR1 on there!!

XR1 is on the way. When I put it on ill make clips of both.

XR1 was still by far louder on my truck. I drive through a little tunnel on the way to work every day. I flog it through there every time. The XR1 echoed like crazy under there. After the Corsa went on, there was a definite decrease in volume. Idle and throughout. Yea it sounds good sure. But I am not happy with it. There I admitted it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts