GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so....i am looking for a downfiring box for my 2000 silverado ecsb. i would like to know which ones are out there. and also, i dont know where to mount my amp. im still thinking about the system and what to use but i think i want 2 10's possibly 12's. i would think 10's would be better due to the limited air space under the back seat. i usually build my own but i just dont have the time to do it right now, so i want a good solution until i do have time to make the stereo into exactly what i want. what do you guys have and what do you recommend. i saw one box on ebay that actually had an amp rack in the middle but if it was between the box and the seat cushion i would think it would get hot pretty easy, so i dont think that would be a great idea. so any ideas would be great.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
I attached the amp to my back wall on my old ext cab.

As for boxes, subthump has pretty good prices if you don't want to build your own.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I have been thinking about getting a subthump box. Does anyone on here have any experience with subthump boxes?

·
Registered
77 Posts
i got one and i know theres more who do also. as for how it works.....it hits nice....but im being held back by my stock H/U big time! heres some pics
two 10"L5s and zx1000.1...i have never had this amp get hot. IMO two 10 with the right air space > 12s with not enough
100_0360.jpg

your can kinda see the "silverado" on the front
100_0359.jpg

100_0343.jpg

100_0342.jpg

·
Registered
596 Posts
I've got the sub thump box for 2 12's with .92 per side and I love it. It was well worth the $230. I don't have any pics though.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've got a probox down fire with .92 cu ft per side and 2 12's(the boxes are stuffed with poly-fil) and my amp on top and have never had any problems with amp heating but it does have a large fan.Also hits very well was regularly around 127db with stock head unit now goes around 133-135db with my pioneer.I looked at Subthumps boxes very nice boxes but I got my probox for $175 so I went with it, I would put up pics but the attachment thing is an asshole! Hope this helps,Paul

·
Registered
158 Posts
Another sub-thump owner here. I have a crew cab, so I have even less space under my seat than the extended cabs. I have two Kicker CVR 10s in mine and they hit hard, and get nice and low.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts