GMC Truck Forum banner

Which tires for my DD?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
9,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I am pricing out rims and tires through my uncle and I really need some opinions on the best tire for me to go with. I want a really aggresive radial that is going to last at least 25K miles on my truck. I am either going with 33x12.50 or possibly 33x14.50 (ssr's are only ones that wide) on 15 x10's for sure. I would really like to know what you guys think about this.

I want the best grip offroad while still having a good ride on the road. I like the PJ"s but they are so damn heavy and expensive, but you could say the same thing about the SSR's. Any opinions would be great guys thanks.

BFG Muds
bfg_mud-terrain-TA-KM_b.gif

Super Swamper TSL Radial
TSLrweb2.gif

Super Swamper Trxus MT
trexus_mud_terrain-200.gif

Super SwampervSSR
ssr_sswamper_radial-200.gif

Parnelli Jones Dirt Grip
dirtgrip.gif

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
i say give teh SSR's a try unless you really wheel alot, then go with teh TSLs

·
[>
3,255 Posts
SSR's.. I think you will like them.

But they are very heavy for there size. But if you stop at 33's you should have no problem. My 35's are pushing it with these gears b/c they are so heavy. But Im very picky. It is more than enough power to pull them on the hwy. So I know 33's will be nice on your truck.
Vhato says he has got 35K+ out of both sets of his SSR's (cant remember the actual Number but it was up there)

2nd choice would be a tie between PJ's or TSL Radial.

Just my $.02

·
Registered
787 Posts
bfg! :head:

·
I peed in your pool. Yay!
1,214 Posts
I say goober goober goober. :crazy:

but for tires, I would go with SSR's, just based on "on truck looks"...

just my $15,000,000.02's

·
NOT A SHOW TRUCK!!
372 Posts
just go buy ya some boggers and be done with it :crazy:

I say either the bfgs or ssrs :read:

·
I pay hookers with gum..
176 Posts
Dirtyblackz71--i was set on buying the BFG m/t's myself..at the last moment i decided to spend 20 dollars more and bought a set of baja claw radials..

if you might consider them as an alternative i can tell you that they are a little noisy, but they do ride smooth...

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
I wouldn't consider them. My friend has a set on his jeep thats only a couple months older than my tires and they are wearing fast. He has less than 1/4 tread left and they are barely a year old...ill be surprised if he gets 20K out of them. Id much rather have BFGs

1 - 20 of 25 Posts