GMC Truck Forum banner

which upgrade?

1K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  Down8 
#1 ·
basically, my parents have decided that they will buy me a part for my truck up to $300. I can't decide if I want exhaust, a tool box, a 3"bl, or something else.

I sort of want the tool box, just not yet. I really want the bl and exhaust, but if I got the bl with the stock tires it would look kinda funny (i think) and If I get the exhaust and THEN do the bl I'll have to do the exhaust over again to get it lifted up...whatcha think?

#3 ·
I did the BL last summer and have been rolling stock size tires and stock exhaust since then. Its really not bad at all. Yeah I want 35's but I just cant make myself spend the money when these tires still look new. Heres some pics to show that its not that bad, less distance between the fenders and rubber than some trucks on here.

#4 ·
I wish my parents paid for my mods. Must be nice to be spoiled!

#6 ·
Little touchy and defensive aren't we?

#12 ·
Im not one bit of jealous. When parents buy you a truck and shit for it ( i take your still in school, they can take it away from you if you fuck up). When you buy your own shit its yours. Now quit polishing his cock. Im not a hardass ans i meant no harm in any way.

#14 ·
Im not one bit of jealous. When parents buy you a truck and shit for it ( i take your still in school, they can take it away from you if you fuck up). When you buy your own shit its yours. Now quit polishing his cock. Im not a hardass ans i meant no harm in any way.
When you say "you" are you addressing me or the original poster? Because I graduated college two years ago, pay for both mine and my wifes truck, my mortgage and everything else. I understand what you are saying that when you buy shit that its yours, but there are some people who are actually very appreciative of the things there parents buy them, so not everyone needs to be called spoiled. Your struggle through your hard working life is not his, mine, or anyone else's fault, so quit taking it out on everyone else.

#15 ·
Not taking offenes to anyones life. Just making a statement. It was not regarding to you. Im done :shake:

#16 ·
wow...you guys can get fired up. Oh well - i'm about to be a junior in college this fall (just finished spring semester) and my parents bought me the truck. I have a job (part-time) but it's not enough to pay for truck. I can get mods here and there but that will soon stop as I will be married in August. Some of you know what I mean haha...

#19 ·
You can get a decent toolbox for $200 or less. I'd get one because they are handy as all hell, and then save the rest of the money for exhaust and Bl. Or you could get a toolbox and BL if you pitched in less than $100 yourself.

The best spent money would probably be a tune if you're looking for some more power. The exhaust won't add more than 4 hp, but a tune can add up too 20hp (or so I hear...) if you have a newer truck.

#21 ·
damn.... wonder what youd have to build for a lift and tires.... hey if she asks, ill build her anything for my lift!!! lol

sounds like your trading yourself for truck parts, i like that idea.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.