GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a new wash mitt because my old one is falling apart. I was just wondering what yall use and what seems to work better?

This is the one I have now and it worked great.

Sheep Skin Wash Mitt
http://www.glimmerglassdetailing.com/shwami.html

But here are some others that look like they work good but I was just wondering what yall use.

Lambswool Wash Mitt
http://www.glimmerglassdetailing.com/lawami.html

Ulti-Mitt
http://www.glimmerglassdetailing.com/ultimit.html

But if you know of any that work great for you, let me know.

·
Geresy Farms
1,292 Posts
I have a ton of wash mitts, from lambswool, sheepskin, and the ones with little stringy things on them. I buy new ones all the time, just b/c there cheap enough and why risk the damage. I really like them all, no complaints. I had a few Uli-Mitts and really didn't care for them. The one with the mesh I dunno about as I really am not scrubbing the paint when I wash to get bugs/tar off. A good bug remover combined with my soap and a "swipe" of my wash mitt and the ones that are still there after a pretreat are gone.

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you use the stringy ones to wash the body of the truck with or do you use the lambwool and sheep skin ones? If I can do a local pickup on them I will have to order teh lambwool and sheep skin ones from chris because they dont have them around here.

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,241 Posts
I have a ton of wash mitts, from lambswool, sheepskin, and the ones with little stringy things on them. I buy new ones all the time, just b/c there cheap enough and why risk the damage. I really like them all, no complaints. I had a few Uli-Mitts and really didn't care for them.
I buy new ones all the time. I use some just for wheels because they are cheaper. I use some just for stripping wax with Dawn. I use some just for black vehicles. I use some for everyday wash jobs. You cant have enough mitts. :big_banana_Dance:

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have certain mitts to wash things I was just wondering which one do you think is better to wash the body of the truck with?

·
Geresy Farms
1,292 Posts
Do you use the stringy ones to wash the body of the truck with or do you use the lambwool and sheep skin ones? If I can do a local pickup on them I will have to order teh lambwool and sheep skin ones from chris because they dont have them around here.
I will use any to wash the trucks with, no complaints with them. I probably have close to 25-30 wash mitts. I will usually use two wash mitts for a vehicle. Top half with one and bottom half with another.

After a while I will dedicate the older ones to wheel/wheel wells.

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,241 Posts
Lambskin or Sheepskin from Chris is probably about the best. You just want something that is soft and will pull the dirt off the surface and trap it on the fibers to avoid rubbing it into your paint. I havent used a mitt from Chris but i assume its pretty high quality.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
I would say to go w/ the lambswool mitt. If you dont need the mesh bug side, the sheepskin isnt necessary. And at that, you would really be better off using a dedicated mesh bug towel. And if you have a couple extra dollars laying around and want to try something new, you might even want to try out the big blue. It might surprise you w/ just how much soapy water that thing can hold :)

·
Haters Gonna Hate
2,073 Posts
I would say to go w/ the lambswool mitt. If you dont need the mesh bug side, the sheepskin isnt necessary. And at that, you would really be better off using a dedicated mesh bug towel. And if you have a couple extra dollars laying around and want to try something new, you might even want to try out the big blue. It might surprise you w/ just how much soapy water that thing can hold :)
That big blue sponge is neat looking, I'd say that would hold a lot.

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How do you use the bug towel? Do I was the truck and then use the towel to dry or whats the process?

·
Registered
687 Posts
The bug towel is awesome,you use it on bugs like a wash mitt.Works good on tar too_Obviously you don't use it on the whole truck,just problem areas.
I have the big blue sponge,it does hold a lot of soap...but it is a pain in the ass to get all the soap out of it.I now use it with my citrus wash & gloss to strip the paint.
For regular washing I like the microfiber (chenille) mitts,however I find myself using a grout sponge from lowes most often.Good thing is they're only 2 bucks

·
Registered
627 Posts
I buy new ones all the time. I use some just for wheels because they are cheaper. I use some just for stripping wax with Dawn. I use some just for black vehicles. I use some for everyday wash jobs. You cant have enough mitts.
This is sound advice :imo

you might even want to try out the big blue. It might surprise you w/ just how much soapy water that thing can hold :)
I likes this ... :hmm:

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
Another vote for lambswool or a synthetic equivalent... microfiber is safe as well as long as its not the cheap 'faux' microfiber that seems to be getting more common at autoparts stores lately.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts