Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buy 4 new 42" TSL's with 100% tread for $1100 including shipping

Votes: 35 100.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Get the new....better value. Want to straight axle my truck with some coilovers in the back? :anitoof:

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
the new ones hands down. With your tire grooving tool you can get ALOT of use outa new ones. I always feel weird getting used tires, you never know how the last owner treated them. If they were cheaper than 750 I may jump on it but your only asking 350 more for 2x the tread. Also the more tread the better the performance. I thought you already had some 42s?

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do but there worn past the wear bars, don't feel good driving on them on the street alot... I'm going to just carry one for a spare.

·
6,656 Posts
You want to sell one to me for a spare? :grin: They are for a 16.5 right?

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup, sure are. Yep, sure do. I paid $50 for each tire... So I'll sell you one for $35 but shipping would suck... I shipped a 44" bogger to Texas and it was $170.

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
if they only have 50% tread then you are getting ripped off if your paying more than 50% of the new price :read:

·
6,656 Posts
damn that much to ship? Did you like overnight it or something? My dana 60 only cost 190 so ship from new england area, shipping weight was 618 lbs and was a 2.5'x2.5'x8' crate! Have you looked at forward air? If i can find a cheaper way to get it put me down for one. To bad [email protected] already came down here, I know he was driving from cali to texas. Anyone else making the hike?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Word, dont buy used tires unless its a schmokin deal and you have seen them and know how theyve been used. You dont know how they ride till you have em mounted up, then its too late to take em back and demand a refund, especially when theyre being SHIPPED(you can get raped so easily when theyre being shipped)! Well I dont think you really care about street manners, or do you have a different DD?

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nah I could care less about ride, as long as they hold air for more than 3-4 days at a time I'm a happy camper. I've bought used tires in the past and never had a problem but theres just so much more stuff I could buy along with the used tires for the 1100...

Oh, forgot to mention, the used ones I would go pick up, no shipping, no idea why I put that in there...

·
Registered
187 Posts
:slap: Id still say new ones, maybe thats just because my mt/r's i bought used really pissed me off and I got 34.8 happy. Damn you with your 42's....If you can take a look up close first that would be the real decision maker.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
I say if ur gonna drop that much cash on tires...go wiht the new ones...im lookin for a used set of 33s...but if i can't find a smokin deal on some, im gonna wait till after the lift and everything and buy the 35s i really want. The only reason im goin with 33s is cuz i won't be able to lift the truck for a while, and i want/need 33s to fill up the wheel well. If i find a good set of 33" mud tires of some sort, ill keep them for a while, even after the lift...but i really do want some 35s after i throw the 6" on...

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Willy you up and runnin yet?

·
[>
3,255 Posts
for that $$ id get the new ones

·
6,656 Posts
you have a local discount tire? I dont know if they are out in cali but they pricematch here. Thats where im going to get my tires.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
willyswanter said:
Negative, still waiting on my ps box to come back from WTO... Getting worried now...

That sucks, last time I went up to the shop Matt said they have been super busy, but that was around January.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts