GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I'm on a mission
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got my truck back from 4wp today. went from 3.42 to 4.56 gears. they gave me a little paper stating break in procedures and a disclaimer that all aftermarket gears whine some. my question is that my front diff whines pretty loud in 4low. i does it at 5mph+. i understand 4low will wine if you go to fast, just wandering if this whine is actually normal, or should i say acceptable? any help would be appreciated. thanks

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
i hope you havent taken it offroad

take it easy dont drive for more than 20 minutes at a time vary speeds keep it easy on the pedal

·
I'm on a mission
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no, i'm taking it easy. just checking out everything when i got home. i get nervous when someone other than me works on it. whine--normal??

·
I'm on a mission
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks, i'll put some more miles and see. just seems pretty loud to me

·
I'm on a mission
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no, in a field by my house in 4low

·
Registered
542 Posts
yeah its totally normal, dont worry about it. As stated earlier just kick it easy on the pedal and make sure they don't get too hot. i hope you enjoy them

·
Mile High
3,080 Posts
That is normal, if they continue to whine like a bitch after 400miles bring it back and have them fix the backlash...and if they don't pm me and I will have the service manager's ass of the store that installed them.

·
I'm on a mission
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is normal, if they continue to whine like a bitch after 400miles bring it back and have them fix the backlash...and if they don't pm me and I will have the service manager's ass of the store that installed them.
thanks for the help guys. first gear swap i've had done. just being cautious, don't want to burn them up

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Your t case whines in 4 lo. They all do it. If it isn't whining in 4 hi. then its not the gears, because the gears go faster in 4 hi. IMO its your t case making the noise and your just paranoid (which is a good thing). Hope you figure it out.

·
I'm on a mission
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks, can't help but be paranoid. first new truck i've ever had. plus it's only got 7k on it and i'm voiding factory warranty. oh well, it's worth it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts