GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the difference. Pros and Cons of Each. Their FTS 12 inch of 15 inch kit. Compared to Whiplashes 14 Inch Kit.

Whats the Pros and Cons of 4 linking the rear end compared to the leaf springs?

Thanks

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
o geez....

FTS is a stronger kit IMO. Whiplash has a bad rep. I would do your own research and see what you find.

pros of 4 linking
-no axle wrap
-axle moves in perfect up and down
-better flex
-pretty much its all good

cons
-$$$$$
-$$$$$

pros of leafs
-WAY cheaper
-still just fine in a DD

cons
-can get axle wrap
-doesnt flex as well

there are more but those are some basics

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
i wouldnt run a whiplash kit if it was free and came with the wheels tires and gears :crazy:

FT is pretty nice tho. but for the money, cognito :rocking:

·
Registered
832 Posts
Unless you plan on some serious high flex wheeling a 4 link isnt for you. Mud and dirt will wreck heim joints, you will replace them once a year if you use them offroad, heck willy only does rocks and i think he said he would replace them once a year to be safe. Also, you can get alot of flex out of leafs, just not 10 inch springs or huge springs. Long springs flex well, custom springs even better.

·
6,656 Posts
well yes, but I didnt want to get into 4 link mechanics. compared to a leaf setup it moves perfectly up and down. I should have known that you would have chimed in :crazy:

·
6,656 Posts
Blown02 said:
whiplash has changed owners now so you guys should see better service
just like we should have seen better kits a year or 2 ago when they stopped contracting them out to india :nono:

I will belive it when I see it. I have found nothing but lies comes from whiplash.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Dark Eternal said:
just like we should have seen better kits a year or 2 ago when they stopped contracting them out to india :nono:

I will belive it when I see it. I have found nothing but lies comes from whiplash.
:word: I agree with you finally

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
I like my full throttle kit. I got the upgraded 10" spring pack, and the dual front shocks and it's a fine daily driver. As far as customer service, they were great to me. They'll answer your questions and they won't be an a-hole to you.

As far as whiplash.. I've never delt with them because I don't want to. Sandaddiction... you know that picture of the 14" whiplash truck with the wild paint job you posted a couple days earlier?? I saw that guy in pismo two weekends ago, and I have to say... he was mashing out there. He was hitting the whoops and racing up comp hill. He was pushing his truck 10 times further than I would ever push my own truck, and his truck did fine. On my way to work the next Monday morning, I saw the guy driving the truck, so it must be his daily driver too. I was surprised a whiplash 14" ifs 1/2 ton on 40's could do what he was doing.

I have heard that whiplash suspensions don't fit very good. For example... the upper a-arm drops don't fit into the stock pockets fully, which allows extra play in the upper a-arm.. resulting in a bad alignment and a crappy suspension system.

IMO, your stock parts will break/fail long before the FTS or Whiplash suspension would ever break on you.

Go FTS or Cognito or Bulletproof.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts