GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked this up here from Mike, "Had20z". After all the discussion on the original sale thread it is for DRIVE BY WIRE applications ONLY. It won't work for me.

Looking to just get out clean - $1,200 and I'll pick up the shipping.

There's a ton of extra stuff included, like 12 extra injectors, a new plenum, all the electronics, air intake, complete instructions and from what I can tell all the necessary parts and then some.

Remember, drive by wire only! According to the instructions it was off a 2004 5.3 but will fit a 4.8 and 6.0 as well. From what I can tell from the paperwork it was professionally installedand professionally removed.

Have to admit, it's pretty cool!:ninja:

Here's Mike's original sale post from March:http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149443&highlight=Whipple

Jon

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
So 2004's are drive by wires (regular silverados)? Pretty sure it's for 09-02 Silvy's
Yea

99-02(cable throttle body)
03-up(Driveby wire)

I may be a year off it may be 99-03, but you shouldn't be touching a truck if you don't know which one you have.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Yea

99-02(cable throttle body)
03-up(Driveby wire)

I may be a year off it may be 99-03, but you shouldn't be touching a truck if you don't know which one you have.

Lots of shit overlaps, hell even 8.1s were DWB (electric TBs)

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
Lots of shit overlaps, hell even 8.1s were DWB (electric TBs)
Really? I was speaking strictly in regards to 99-06 silverados. If they overlap that's certainly news to my ears.

·
meow
15,748 Posts

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
Snar snar! :crazy:

Anyone else confirm dis? If it fits my pile I'll take it.
I know exactly which one I have. Just apparently don't know what everyone else has

·
meow
15,748 Posts
I know exactly which one I have. Just apparently don't know what everyone else has
So far the best I've found is that 03+ GM's had dbw. Guess I need to go check under my hood to double check

I'll pry take it if it fits my truck

Edit: Whipple lists it on their sight for 03-06, but then in the link it says 04-06. Good work for GM to label two seperate systems with such similar names :jester:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts