GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you think white shock boots would look on my truck and im also thinking about flipping the rear shocks upside down so you can see the white boots better so tell me what yall think.

·
Registered
8,254 Posts
shock boots are a waste. Trap moisture and they look like shit anyway

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
Once you put them on your truck they will never be white again :imo i have light gray on my truck and it stays pretty clean but my boots a bitch to keep up.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
any particular reason? just curious.

I think the boots could definitely help against salt and chloride, but all depends on how you attach them. Like mentioned, they won't be white for long under there!
also depends alot on where you live. we dont salt roads and anything that is half ass taken care of doesnt rust so no boots work just fine here in the OK. some shocks can only be mounted one way. just my .02

·
U Mirin' Brah?
4,947 Posts
im going to take mine off

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
really? Is this really a question worth asking? just buy some damn boots and put em on....if there ugly. take em off. they get dirty, take em off.

·
Bad Luck is all i got.
1,483 Posts
I had my shocks flipped and they looked better and the ride was so much smoother. But ANY kind of decent bump or pothole will make the bed flail around. The shocks werent designed to work that way so they wont provide any dampening and it will be bouncy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts