GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who else hates there nnbs for keeping the fucking thing clean. These dumb fuck ugly trucks dont have any rocker panel. and every time i have to wash this truck I spent tons of time just picking the caked on crap off the doors that the mickey's throw on it. My truck has been clayed and burried in sealant, so its not like it doesnt have any protection. I also wash it probably every 7-10 days, so its not even baked on old shit...

Anyone else just frsutrated with there fucking nnbs, theres not much beisdes the duramax that i like about this compared to my nbs.

Someone buy this so i cna buy a 06 cc 2wd

·
Registered
793 Posts
its easier than cleaning my mustang so i got no problem with mine, but im not lifted with mud tires to sling shit all over my truck. I need to demold the door sidings on mine, thats the only part that always looks like dirty

·
Registered
619 Posts
I know the feeling. At least once a week it gets washed and the doors have to be scrubbed and everything just to get the gunk off. Its ridiculous how bad it becomes if you let it set for a weeks without washing. Design flaw imo

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,241 Posts
The NNBS pickups ive detailed are pretty bad too. Alot of places for the dirt and grime to collect wheel well lips, body lines, and the dumb space GM left over the windshield baffles me. I always have a time cleaning bugs out of that gap...Suck one GM for that design!

·
Registered
346 Posts
It was fun at first but its a PITFA now... not to mention every time i wash it i find a new dent or scratch in that awesome paint metal combo we have....

·
2009 GMC Sierra ECSB Z71
4,791 Posts
During my first winter, I noticed my step bars did a hell of a job keeping the winter road muck from caking onto my fenders and the door/rocker area. They may give it a grandpa look, but, they stay to help deflect that road crap.

·
AKA Sugar Plum
2,023 Posts
my truck right now has what looks like snot all over the doors on the bottom. I FUCKING HATE washing that area. It takes three or four scrubbings to get it all off.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I was just talking about this.. not sure if you've ever heard but vinegar seems to get pretty much anything off. soil cement was caked on mine and it took it off quite easily.. no damage to paint or oil smudges/spots either.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yeah I just washed my truck, can't believe all the crap that collects on the door bottoms. I can't imagine how bad it is with oversize tires.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I installed mud guards to help this. Still notice spots on bottom of door where it looks like scratches and nicks. The mud guards might not look great but they help.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I was just talking about this.. not sure if you've ever heard but vinegar seems to get pretty much anything off. soil cement was caked on mine and it took it off quite easily.. no damage to paint or oil smudges/spots either.
Im going to have to try that vinegar method. Never heard of using it before. Do you just pour on and it comes off or you have to let it soak in for a bit?

·
Registered
10,508 Posts
Cheap paint, thin metal, squeaky ass interior, cheap plastic door panels, gay ass OnStar shark fin, and squeaky ass interior are the reasons I hate mine. Washing that shit isn't a big deal to me.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I sometimes have to check make sure my doors are closed because of the sounds but it's just the squeakiness. Don't bother me though.

·
2009 GMC Sierra ECSB Z71
4,791 Posts
How many miles before the squeaking began? I am at 9600 and havent had to deal with that yet.

My ony bitch is the flapping seat belt when I open my left rear window.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cheap paint, thin metal, squeaky ass interior, cheap plastic door panels, gay ass OnStar shark fin, and squeaky ass interior are the reasons I hate mine. Washing that shit isn't a big deal to me.
Urs would be cake walk to wash cause your wheels dont stick way out past your fenders. Im comming from an equally lifted nbs with rocker panels, same wheel offset tires everything, it was 1000000x easier to keep clean cause all you really had to scrub hard was the rocker.

I sometimes have to check make sure my doors are closed because of the sounds but it's just the squeakiness. Don't bother me though.
I get no squeeks outta my truck, its fine with like almost 50,000miles. However, I have the tahoe interior, maybe thats the difference

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
I hate all the fuckin' rock chips I'm getting with JUST stock wheels/tires, so I can't imagine how bad it is with x10 or x12's. Anyone think GM can/will fix rock chip issues under the 3/36 warranty?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts