GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was thinking about getting a yank 2600 for my 5.3 01 rcsb all i have done is a 50 series and thats just cause it came that way. what kind of gains can i expect, how much worse would my 60' ft's be, would i overheat my trans towing and how much mileage would i lose and help or advise would be appreciated. thanks.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
onyx said:
i still have yet to install mine... :pow:

LOL, like me. Mine keeps mocking me in its box. :anitoof:

·
Registered
378 Posts
i think it is rule of thumb that a 3000 stall will net you close to 1/2 a second. i went with a 2500 stall in my last set up and i think it was worth two to three tenths.went from 2.20's to 2.06 in the 60ft times

·
Registered
406 Posts
Yeah, mines sitting in the box waiting to be installed too. I am going to do mine at the same time as the vette servo and transgo shift kit.

I am going with a 2500 stall too. How did you like yours?

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Xseries-hauler said:
i was thinking about getting a yank 2600 for my 5.3 01 rcsb all i have done is a 50 series and thats just cause it came that way. what kind of gains can i expect, how much worse would my 60' ft's be, would i overheat my trans towing and how much mileage would i lose and help or advise would be appreciated. thanks.

60' times decrease with a stall PROVIDED you have traction. It puts you into the powerband faster. If all you want is 2600rpm worth, save the money and get a Trailblazer converter or a restalled stocker. I've said many times I'm about 98% certain that TT2.6K is a reboxed TB converter.

Fuel economy will drop just a bit around town, as you'll need a bit more fuel pedal to go. Maybe 1mpg drop tops.

Freeway loss? None, converter still locks up fully.

No converter over heating w/ larger diameter units. Over 11" you should be fine, keep it around 6500lbs or less to be smart. Also get a fat cooler on there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts