GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys that have amps, do they mount to the rocker or frame?

Thinking of trying to get them to work on my OBS. Anyone mounted them on an OBS? Are the mounting brackets metal?

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rocker, just texted my friend to double check and he verified
do you know if the brackets are metal so i can modify them if i have to?

·
professional grade
4,146 Posts
they go off the rocker, there are 4 pieces of angled aluminum that fit against the rocker and you put screws into them, then you bolt the step mount to the aluminum

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so maybe i could make my own brackets if i had to

edit - do they even make them for a single cab? Or do i just cut them down with a bandsaw?

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
they can easily be cut down with a bandsaw, the ends just have caps that screw on. and the mounts slide on the step and use a set screw to lock into place

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
they can easily be cut down with a bandsaw, the ends just have caps that screw on. and the mounts slide on the step and use a set screw to lock into place
:hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm:

·
Fender Measurements?
21,152 Posts
i made a bracket out of an L bracket for one of my corners. Works great. Maybe even stronger than the AMP corner aluminum pieces.

i cut mine to fit.

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i made a bracket out of an L bracket for one of my corners. Works great. Maybe even stronger than the AMP corner aluminum pieces.

i cut mine to fit.
I wonder how well they will fold under my rocker.

Sam i'll have to check yours out if i go to pismo next saturday

1 - 12 of 12 Posts