GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
To hell with BHO!!
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody running 285/50/20's with a 2/4 drop?? I want to drop my truck soooo bad. But think I am gonna have to resort to a 1/3 drop because of my tire size. Cant remember if I asked this before! Ive seen a few pictures, one including an 03 Rado with a 3/4 drop and 275/55/20's and one of an 02 Rado with 285/50/20's with a 2/4. Will I have issues? From what I have seen I think it will be ok. But I may need to notch!

Thanks in advance for the help and info!

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
It's a close call with that wide of at tire and you don't need to notch on a 4" drop out back.

·
To hell with BHO!!
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
groundscraper said:
It's a close call with that wide of at tire.
Dammit, thats what I figured. I dont have money for a new set of tires. Is a 1/3 worthless??

·
Registered
785 Posts
1/3 would be pointless to even put on your truck man, not a lot of difference from stock and not that noticeable

·
Registered
559 Posts
i had 285/50s with a 3/5. the back will be perfectly fine. The front you will rub so if you put the 3 in the front see if you could put some spring spacers in there cuz it only rubbed on turns, and my wheels are chrome with no custom offset to fit my truck right.you could DEFINETLY go with the 5 in the back i have done it but the front will have to be a little less than 3 to get it comfortable and more easily drivable. maybe just get some 2" spindles for the front and get the 5" kit for the back. It looked great. those big tires make it look a lot lower that it really is cuz there is like NO wheel gap. sorry i dont have any pics of it like that, but the 5" in the rear will work and just go with like a 2" spindle in the front you will be set.
Ross

·
To hell with BHO!!
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fullthrottledan said:
1truess has those tires. it looks badass on his truck. pm him
I thought 1True had 18's on his truck.

Id really like to try a 2/4. If it will just rub on really tight turns I could probably live with that.

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
whoops, my bad. i thought you were talking about 18's. im a dumbass. yeah those tires in a 20 will definatly hit something in the front. lots of rubber there.

·
To hell with BHO!!
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
fullthrottledan said:
whoops, my bad. i thought you were talking about 18's. im a dumbass. yeah those tires in a 20 will definatly hit something in the front. lots of rubber there.
Dammit! I dont have cash to spring for new tires!

·
Registered
559 Posts
you will be fine with the 2" in the front and you can do up to 5" in the back, ive done it. i actually had 3" in the front. it rubbed but the 2" would have been just fine

·
To hell with BHO!!
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Anybody selling some 275/45/20's or anybody want to trade for some 285/50/20's?

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
My friend is runnin' that setup, with custom backspaced B. Coddingtons. His doesnt rub, if ya dont have the right Bs'ing it will be close

·
To hell with BHO!!
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Slammedchevy01 said:
My friend is runnin' that setup, with custom backspaced B. Coddingtons. His doesnt rub, if ya dont have the right Bs'ing it will be close
Hmm. Im not sure what im gonna do. Anybody else have any suggestions?

·
To hell with BHO!!
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
02chevy said:
it WILL work, im tellin you
Ok. So your saying go with spindles and not coils right? Should I wait till I have extra cash to get spindles and not settle for coils then?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts