GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So since im doing a SAS now im not going to drop my 5.38 gears in my 9.25 IFS and instead am just going to gear a d60 of course. Anyway i called the place i ordered my gears from (for the 9.25) and they said they would allow me to send the gears back and take them as a "trade in" on a set of 5.38's for a D60. Only issue is they said Yukon flaked out on them for some gurantees for a couple customers. He said they had some gears fail due to a "bad batch" of gears. Well my question is who would be the next best manufacturer to order from. He said i could wait a month and possibly get yukons then but hearing that yukon has flaked out raises a flag with me. Anyway what do you guys suggest.

·
The Green Seal
3,721 Posts
for dana axles its hard to beat spicer gears

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
for dana axles its hard to beat spicer gears
even better than yukons? i always thought they were pretty much the best. Where can you get spicers at

·
Justin @ A/T Fab
325 Posts
I kind of call BS on the bad batch of gears, we install Yukons weekly and have for years and have yet to have a bad batch. I have had nothing but excellent support from them. Precisions are good as well, we sell some of them, but they are more expensive.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I kind of call BS on the bad batch of gears, we install Yukons weekly and have for years and have yet to have a bad batch. I have had nothing but excellent support from them. Precisions are good as well, we sell some of them, but they are more expensive.
Lol well the shop is actually expert, where you used to work lol

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Expert Offroad of Texas is gone, out of business. Are you talking to Kevin at Creative Style and Performance or Expert Offroad in Kansas?
www.expertoffroad.com still lists both places but either way i called the Kansas number

·
Justin @ A/T Fab
325 Posts
it still lists them but the one in texas is gone. they moved and renamed the business to creative styles and performance.
They did not move and rename. CSP (Creative Style and Performance) is a totally different shop that bought the equipment and the sales manager took a job with them. He is the only person from Expert Offroad of Texas that is at CSP.

·
GMFS Military Member
304 Posts
They did not move and rename. CSP (Creative Style and Performance) is a totally different shop that bought the equipment and the sales manager took a job with them. He is the only person from Expert Offroad of Texas that is at CSP.
:hmm: those were kevins words.

·
Speed Holes
5,190 Posts
Might be a different story with your Dana (I know spicer is good stuff from experience with other parts), but I've had good luck with Motive Performance gears, what I'm running right now...

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Precision, Yukon, Spicer are all good gears. Even if Yukon had a bad set of gears, i bet they would make it right like Stephen said. They had Excellent customer service. I run yukons without a problem and so do many members on here.

·
haz 12"s!
4,531 Posts
I've only ever had Genuine and they carried a complete replacement warrenty.
I run Genuine 4.88s and Ive beat the hell out of them and they are still dead silent and work great. Have 53k on them now. Also the only gear to come with a lifetime warranty. Yukons are highly over rated.

·
NCOR
8,451 Posts
Reider Racing, Precisions parent company is out of business last I heard. Getting Precision gears at this point would be a matter of finding vendors with stock on shelf leftover.

Superior puts out a solid gear, Dana would be the best bet if you can get your hands on some, generally you get a good gear with Yukon. Genuine has had too many issues with QA to get an endorsement.

·
You t-boned me bro!?
2,230 Posts
Check randys ring and pinion, they have all sorts of applications from street to strip to rock crawling, they carry dana spicer and all sorts of other shit

·
Suburbanite
597 Posts
Might be a different story with your Dana (I know spicer is good stuff from experience with other parts), but I've had good luck with Motive Performance gears, what I'm running right now...

X2 on the Motive. My 4.56's are working just great, they set up well and are quiet.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
hands down, precision

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.