GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been through three Craftsman hydraulic floor jacks now, all three have developed leaks and quit working. I'm not buying another piece of shit from them. Who makes a good hydraulic floor jack?

·
GMFS founding member
4,009 Posts
wow 2k for a jack? you could buy a lift for that much
they're for commercial use.

OTC is more of a compromise between commercial and home or occasional use. all of our OTC 20ton bottle jacks started leaking after a year though. that's right 20ton.

·
Registered
195 Posts
they're for commercial use.

OTC is more of a compromise between commercial and home or occasional use. all of our OTC 20ton bottle jacks started leaking after a year though. that's right 20ton.

i can see for commericial use i guess. but where would you use a jack that often and not have a lift?

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll have to take a look at some of those. My third Craftsman just started leaking, and I'm sure that it will fail sometime soon. That's how the others went too.

I guess I can't complain too much, when I took the first one in for repair, they called me about 2 weeks later and told me my jack was ready for pickup. Went and got it. About two weeks later, I get another call that my jack is ready for pickup. So I went and got it too. :)

·
GMFS founding member
4,009 Posts
wonder if the long 5ton from HF is any good? 2k is indeed a bit much. I really need a 10ton for changing those 44" tires.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts