GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,693 Posts
Re: Who makes stand alone Harness ECM combos for putting Dmax where it doesn't belon

Did you even attempt google? it took 2 seconds to find out bd does.

·
How Do U Suck?
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Who makes stand alone Harness ECM combos for putting Dmax where it doesn't b...

I did, but I want to hear from guys who have done this as well. It's not exactly as easy as ls swapping something. I even called a couple shops and they weren't sure how to go about it. I have a vehicle already prewired to operate normally without any engine or harness. So now I'm just looking for a simple Dmax standalone type setup for a simple hookup.

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,693 Posts
Re: Who makes stand alone Harness ECM combos for putting Dmax where it doesn't belon

Chances are no one here has done this. You asked about a harness not swap. Maybe work on how to convey the ideas in your head because apparently the title does not say it all.

No swap is easy and every swap is different.

·
How Do U Suck?
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I just reread it and it says for putting a Dmax for where it doesn't belong....Regardless, any and all info provided is appreciated.

·
14' GMC Owner
483 Posts

I just reread it and it says for putting a Dmax for where it doesn't belong....Regardless, any and all info provided is appreciated.
There was a guy in diesel mag. That put one in a 03 1/2 tin scsb. Chevy. He bought a wrecked 2500 for a parts truck and pretty much swapped harness over. Doing a 12valve cummins would be much easier to do.

·
cunts
2,743 Posts

First off, don't waste your time/money on a cummapart. Second, post on duramaxdiesels.com and you'll have much better luck. There are lots of guys with dmaxes where they don't belong. Land rovers, nissan patrols, chevelle, camaro, etc.

Sent from the land of teepee's and buffaloes

·
How Do U Suck?
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

interesting idea...what are you planning on dropping one into?
Why My TBSS of course.....at 4000 pounds and with a decent Dmax setup and tune, should be a monster of a Truck for a Diesel. :biggrin:

Thanks for the Other site to check out, I will go over there and register.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts