GMC Truck Forum banner

Who makes the best supercharger?

46K views 63 replies 17 participants last post by  Dropkick13 
#1 ·
I know this is a loaded question. Who has one? and what do you think of it?
I am considering a whipple. I have a 2007 silverado classic CC 5.3.

Thanks,
Four2fight

#54 ·
yeah, i still dont like the idea of running about 20ft of oil line underneath my truck either, or the oil booster pump, etc. Shit just keeps getting longer and longer with all the cluster fuck of hoses and wires included with the STS install.

Dave

#55 ·
I would take the 3.3 Whipple... Off idle boost make it more fun to drive on the street. With the right traction set up, you can utilize a relatively small stall and still have some awesome 60's. Large stalls effect driveability and towing capability. A twin screw will also make more power under the curve than a centrifical where most driving is done. I bet a twinscrew effeciently at 10psi vs. a centrifical at 10psi, twin screw will be faster.

The L92's flow 332cfm@.600 on the intake and 189.5@.600 on the exhaust side. Im not sure if the L76 intake has fuel/air distribution issues like the ls1/ls6/truck maifolds have with cyl. #7 going lean??? Doesnt the starr set up come with an equal length runner intake manifold?

Even with a 3k stall, 7psi isn't bad at all to launch. I still prefer the 3.3 to get a big box moving also. :D

Okay so about 30cfm more than ported LS6, not a huge amount. BUT still serious flow in the great scheme of things. My guess yeah they have the No 7 issue, no clue why that happens.

Yes, the Starr IC base is equal length. That even with a 2.3 + LS6 heads would really make some silly power.

#56 ·
"Radix Trend!!"
Hey, for the record, i ordered my radix years ago, long before i found any gm forums. Anyway, imo what do you need the power for? Do you want a certain sound? Track? DD street warrior? Towing? I need bottom end for towing so positive displacement was my best bet. Plus, it put my 4wd on 35's into the 14's.

Best pic i have right now

and a vid that i can't figure out how to embed

#57 ·
i watched a horse power tv episode where they threw a twin turbo STS kit on a vette and it didn't seem too difficult or messy. Is is worse for us because it's a different vehicle?

I would get FI to hit the strip every now and then and just have more fun mashing the gas on the street.

What kind of times could i expect from the intercooled radix and a tune?

#58 ·
w/ your 4wd and 3.42's i'd say mid 14's if you hook well.

#60 ·
all depends on where you shop....you can get an ls1 for around $1400 average on ebay. LS2's...lil more pricey (around the $2000 range used still).

Keep in mind this is local IL pricing, not alot of new shit thats been ruined yet, so theres a larger demand without any wrecked cars to give the supply.

every area is different on prices...

In general engine swaps are cheaper and open up alot more ideas to get power. With the gen3's, its almost as simple as bolting an intake up.

Dave

#61 ·
well with that in mind i might have to consider the swap. What would i need to run low 14's/high 13's...and have a reliable daily driver with decent fuel economy?

#63 ·
well with that in mind i might have to consider the swap. What would i need to run low 14's/high 13's...and have a reliable daily driver with decent fuel economy?

You can do that on your current motor..................

#64 ·
really? what would that take. My worry is that if i do too many mods, I don't have enough mechanical knowledge to diagnose or possibly even tell if something isnt right. And i would have to pay for all the installs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.