GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
did you sharteeze today?
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During testing, we found that the XL Denali accelerates from 0 to 60 mph in 8.3 seconds and clears the quarter-mile in 16.2 seconds at 87 mph. This is noticeably faster than the 2000 GMC Yukon XL we tested with a 5.3-liter engine. Despite having to move 3 tons of curb weight, the Denali accelerates swiftly from a stop and has sufficient upper-end power for highway passing.

I'd really like to see if this truck can get into the 14's... and get 15mpg - doable?

:shake:

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
honestly dude, all these questions you have about an XL Denali... i think you're the only person on this forum that has one. so no one on here has taken one to 14 seconds. can it be done? of course. put a supercharger on it and you'll be good to go.

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
I don't think I have seen a single post or thread about one since I joined, other than your threads.

I don't think anyones got one, not a fast one anyway.

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts
:jester:

wow fellas! a bit harsh are we?

might have alittle better luck on tahoeforum.com...not sure what all is on there though.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
if i can do it in my 3/4 ton, it shouldn't be too bad in yours...

btw, my truck only traps at 88.5 mph currently and runs 14.9...ive barely got you beat when it comes to speed.

·
did you sharteeze today?
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
if i can do it in my 3/4 ton, it shouldn't be too bad in yours...

btw, my truck only traps at 88.5 mph currently and runs 14.9...ive barely got you beat when it comes to speed.
14.9 >>>>> 16.2 though... although, trap speeds are very close!

AWD is most likely slowing me... this ain't no Audi w/ Quattro ;)

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
14.9 >>>>> 16.2 though... although, trap speeds are very close!

AWD is most likely slowing me... this ain't no Audi w/ Quattro ;)
it didn't start out that fast, i promise. i have knocked off like .6-.7 with bolt ons + tune...and they doesn't even include headers, as i dont have any yet.

·
did you sharteeze today?
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
anything can be done......... give us your budget and we can recommend the best bang for your buck mods.

ahh reality ;)

honestly, about $1k is all I'm going to spend right now...

thinking Cam, e-Fan, CAI, something exhaust (need to stay CARB for visual inspection) and a Tune to cap it all off...

I figure 14's should be easy with that considering bone stock it's low 16's

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
For under $1k, change that to a tune and exhaust. Sure you can find headers for cheap but don't get cheap quality ones.

·
Registered
11,334 Posts
ahh reality ;)

honestly, about $1k is all I'm going to spend right now...

thinking Cam, e-Fan, CAI, something exhaust (need to stay CARB for visual inspection) and a Tune to cap it all off...

I figure 14's should be easy with that considering bone stock it's low 16's
Skip the cam if your after a decent 1/4 time. Get a converter first and cam later. :imo

·
did you sharteeze today?
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
For under $1k, change that to a tune and exhaust. Sure you can find headers for cheap but don't get cheap quality ones.
hmm - lots of folks here say that catback isn't really worth the $$$ for power - we're talking what 10hp max?

1 - 20 of 102 Posts