GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
I hate \/
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Under normal driving conditions and a small load my tires rub bad on the bed, it sounds like a machine gun going of back there..Why does it squat so much? would an AAL help? And what about a zero rate to help center the axle? The other day at a bday party there were like 4 people in the bed of my truck and just driving slow around the block my tires would rub every turn....And the front tires still rub the rear shocks bad even with 1" spacers....How do you guys with 39.5's on 6+3's clear? :crazy:
008-1.jpg

009-1.jpg

010-2.jpg

011-2.jpg

012-2.jpg

013-2.jpg

·
Speed Holes
5,190 Posts
bag it.

AAL might help, as well as centering your axle a bit, but I think you'll need more than that with those big bolognas!

·
Registered
713 Posts
at least the trailer is sitting level

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
aal will help. my truck used to sag a lot with stock springs on it. havent loaded it yet tho so i dont know if it will sag still or not with a full spring

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
no one rolls 39.5 with a 6 and 3. Your truck has 9 inches of lift. 36 or 37 max. And the reason you squatting is theres a block. You need leafs. Mine squatted really bad too so I bought a set of air bags. Now I have no trouble. Just pump them up when I haul anything

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
It is because you are cali, firtst off. Then you have a 4 wheeler in the bed, then a trailer hooked up with a lawn mower all the way on the tongue. If you center your load on the front axle of the trailer then it wouldnt squat so much. TOO MUCH TONGUE WEIGHT. Full spring packs tha are off the shelf suck. THey are stiff as fawk. IMO i rather a stock spring setup with a shackle flip and load my loads accordingly.

·
haz 12"s!
4,533 Posts
WHats your rear lift consist of? My rear used to squat pretty bad an always rub the bed wih my kit when I was running 7" of block. Come to find out, one of the leaves center pin was busted. Id say get full leaves.

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
i would look into lifting the rear more. if its that bad it lost its purpose as a truck

·
Mossy Oak Pro Staff
2,668 Posts
Do you really have to ask why you're rubbing/squatting so bad? Is it not obvious?

Cali lean ftl

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,237 Posts
Wow thats too much cali IMO. About 1-2 inches tops looks ok. Id say get soem springs or some helper bags...

1 - 20 of 88 Posts