GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to figure out what is going on. For a while now I have been hearing some clicking ticking noises from underneath the truck 2010 crew cab Silverado. The clicking and ticking are random and it also does this when changing gear from P to D to R. I first noticed this when sitting at a drive threw when moving slowly in D. Planning on taking to the dealership but it will be a week before they can look at it. I though I would post up here in hopes this is something simple I am overlooking. Again it is a clicking ticking type nois almost similar to a exhaust leak or electrical click like a solenoid. But it sounds like it is coming from the transmission pan area. Please help.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
I am trying to figure out what is going on. For a while now I have been hearing some clicking ticking noises from underneath the truck 2010 crew cab Silverado. The clicking and ticking are random and it also does this when changing gear from P to D to R. I first noticed this when sitting at a drive threw when moving slowly in D. Planning on taking to the dealership but it will be a week before they can look at it. I though I would post up here in hopes this is something simple I am overlooking. Again it is a clicking ticking type nois almost similar to a exhaust leak or electrical click like a solenoid. But it sounds like it is coming from the transmission pan area. Please help.
u-joint

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got under there and there was no play in the Ujoint. A buddy of mine said he felt the clicking in the transmission. I have not had any slipping or anything and I have never heard a clicking like this before.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It sounds like a valve in the valve body has anyone else had an issue. Truck is 2wd and only has 71K on it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello! I was wondering if You found out what was making the noise? My daughters 2008 started making a strange noise, flexplate is good, changed the converter, and starter is good, noise does not seem to be coming from the transmission, hard to describe the noise, sounds rotational, mild metallic, almost like a tin can!! Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Been away for a little while. Since I only had 70k on the truck I took it to the dealership and it was covered under warranty. They swapped out the driveshaft and it no longer makes the noise. They said when they first heard it that it sounded like it sounded like the driveshaft flexing. Weird but it is fixed now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a click or cluck when I made a stop. while I was waiting I can hear the cluck like someone hitting the truck from the back.. I read people having the same issues. I took my driveshaft off and put some Valvoline Synpower Full Synthetic Multipurpose Grease. I greased the teeth inside of the yoke but don't pack too much grease in.. the sound has gone..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts