GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Good Ash, or Bad Ash?
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife surprised me and brought it home yesterday. Traded in our 2001 Lincoln Navigator for it. 2007 Daytona R/T plum crazy limited edition. Car number 301 out of 1400. Absolutely an awesome drive :head:

Anyways....

DSC00034.jpg

DSC00036.jpg

DSC00039.jpg

DSC00038.jpg

DSC00037.jpg

DSC00041.jpg

·
Good Ash, or Bad Ash?
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:roflmao: Grimace was the first thing I thought of too. Pictures really don't do the color justice- it just looks flat and about two shades lighter than it really is :shrug:

The amount of metallic in the paint is amazing. With my wifes OCD though I can see it driving her crazy- not that she lets out vehicles get dirty anyways. I'll probably drag the Zaino back out and detail the car when I get a chance.

I figure her buying the car works in my favor. Now she can't bitch too much when I get my Duramax :bowtie:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Badass car, Plum crazy purple is one of my favorite mopar colors.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Not a fan of the color all that much, but damn it's still badass...there is a local with a Yellow Charger Daytona R/T...probably 05 or 06

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
You can only drive around a "Limited" amount of time before you see 100 more.
:LOL: I mean... it has a number plaque... but I'd be tempted to believe theres 100's of them out there labeled "301 of 1400" cuz I think I could count 1400 or more I've seen locally in that exact same color... or maybe just b/c the color stands out it 'seems' like theres more of them... I dunno.

·
Good Ash, or Bad Ash?
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
maybe just b/c the color stands out it 'seems' like theres more of them... I dunno.
You might be right on that.. theres a green one around here that I ALWAYS see... it took me awhile to realize I was seeing the same car. Guys a salesman and travels a lot.

You will see a LOT of R/T models on the road, and the marine blue looks similar to the purple. The Daytona R/T expands on the R/T package with additional horsepower, sport tuning, exhaust, a deck lid spoiler and sticker package, as well as body color interior accents. In many ways much like most of GMs SS packages....

Dodge is only producing the Daytona R/T in a limited run of 2800 models this year, 1400 in sublime metallic green, and 1400 in Plum Crazy. There is an additional 1400 chargers in the SRT8 model being build in the purple as well, the difference between the models being that the srt8 gets the 6.1 Hemi engine...... or so is the official story from Dodge.

In any regard the wife is fuggin damned ecstatic about her new ride. And if the old lady is happy, then I'm happy :driver:

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
awww skeet skeet skeet skeet! That color is fo shizzle mah nizzle

1 - 20 of 25 Posts