GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
jsut a simple one, customer wants to know if a 33" Tire will fit on a 03 2500 4wd silverado? Minor rubbing at full lock or?

·
Super trash and proud
1,921 Posts
I just called some cali guys and asked:

They said that he would need 9-11" of lift at min. They also said the 33's would have to be mounted on 22x12's :think: Just what I was told. :shrug:

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
wow! u said customer. and u dont know the answer to this

·
im new
551 Posts

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I sell tires for every single vehcile on the market, how would I know if a bigger sized tire will fit on every application? We do not have aftermarket sizing charts, only OEM. I Do not have the vehicle at the shop currently to check.

Thanks for the great incite tho...very productive.

285/75r16 is the size he would like to run, just looking for some input on driveability..

Thanks

·
Timbrage: Engage
5,667 Posts
uhhh....yeah, they'll fit

·
Timbrage: Engage
5,667 Posts
I sell tires for every single vehcile on the market, how would I know if a bigger sized tire will fit on every application? We do not have aftermarket sizing charts, only OEM. I Do not have the vehicle at the shop currently to check.

Thanks for the great incite tho...very productive.

285/75r16 is the size he would like to run, just looking for some input on driveability..

Thanks
sounds like you need to check into this kind of stuff if you're selling the product

·
GMFS Military Member
304 Posts
this same thread was posted a couple days ago. you need either a cognito 10-12 or SAS with a BL. either route requires an extensive amount of trimming.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There is no resource for aftermarket sizing, I can convert a size for upsizing a rim no problem, but width measurements are not given, in any application for upsizing...without the truck being here there is no way for me to measure and check...Ive been doing this for years...and sell millions of dollars in tires a year

Thanks for the answer tho h20son...saves the customer and myself time

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
you new guys are so inciteful and intelligent....thanks for the help, i hope cognito has stock on there kits.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Did anyone notice the portion where it said simple question? Thanks again tho for all the help dude, you've saved the interent once again.

·
Boss
83 Posts
I just called some cali guys and asked:

They said that he would need 9-11" of lift at min. They also said the 33's would have to be mounted on 22x12's :think: Just what I was told. :shrug:
Now I have a 6" lift with 35"s on a 1500...do you really think a 2500 needs that much of a lift? :lazer: Maybe he could squeeze them with a levling kit but "traditionally" 4" lift on 33's = no rubbing

1 - 20 of 60 Posts