GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for asking, this probably gets asked all the time. I have a 3" body lift and the t-bars cranked 2" in the front and a 1" block in the back. I am currently running 305/70-16 MTRs on 16x8 rims. It looks like there is room to fit 315 tires. I plan on doing a real suspension lift but not for awhile and need new tires since my mtrs are bald. Can someone w/ 315s on 8" rim measure the actual hieght of the tire? Thanks

9,778 Posts
I believe that you should be able to pull that off without much trouble at all.

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
it all depends on your definition of fit. you will have to trim. no doubt at all.

i had 315s on 16x8s once. they were xterrains and they measured 34.4 ish on the truck.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
They will rub, honestly I wouldnt do it, why put bigger tires on that will wear out your IFS faster when they dont even fot well? Your only gaining an inch or less of ground clearence.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
slight trimmin might be fine for daily drivin...but don't plan on goin offroad with it...

·
DWS Division.
720 Posts
I just put some 315's on my 16x8's w/ a 3" b/l and tbar crank, and only had to do a little bit of trimmng :read: dont have pics now i am at school, but can get some this afternoon

·
DWS Division.
720 Posts
ha, bobby quit tryin to steal my spot light :pissed:

P1000559.gif

P1000543.gif

Can get more pics up if you need them..

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the replys. There is a guy near me that has 35s on his NBS, I don't really know him but I might try to borrow his tires and rims for an hour and see.

Z712K3, your truck looks real good, are they 16x8 rims? What all did you have to trim?

DE, why do you say it will wear my IFS out faster, I understand that they will rub and I will have to do a little trimming, I don't go off road hardly ever, occasianally on the beach, but thats it.

Bad n black, that looks good, about the look I'm going for. Thanks for the pics

Thanks again guys

·
Registered
832 Posts
going from stock tires to 305s will wear your ifs faster, going from 305s to 44s will wear it out faster. Bigger tires will wear out IFS faster. Who really cares tho? That is the name of the game. You pay to play.

·
Registered
187 Posts
raise that rear bumper!!!!

haha mines just like that, im too lazy to fix it, i just need someone to harp on since mines like that......replacement bumpers SUCK!! :shake:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Yea they are 16x8's and I really like the way that the truck looks but honestly i wouldnt recommend putting 35's without a lift mostly just because I really had to crank my torsion bars more than I like, so I would just recommend to go with 33's on a 10" rim
just my thinkin :insane:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts