GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Cartmans Critters
8,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
With that you can control the Ipod from the HU. With the other cord you have to control the Ipod with the Ipod. $8 vs $50+ :imo
Hmmm $42 more just to control it from the HU, I dunno Ill give the $8 route a try first and go from there.
I do like to be lazy while driving and probably wont want to fuck with the ipod, but well see.
I dont get the nano for about a week anyways.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have the Ipod interface with my 5700DVD touchscreen, and it's really nice. My ipod video fits perfectly in the left section of the glovebox, so you never even know it's there. If you have playlists and everything, it's really cool. Nothing that can't be done with with the headphone input though...

·
Registered
131 Posts
I just installed the ipod interface on my pioneer 6800mp and already love it. Navigation is really easy and it really isnt that slow like some people say it is you just have to realize that it has to process the information for about a second if you just spin the knob on the radio fast. And my ipod is hidden out of the way and i dont have to worry about looking down to mess with it if i want a different artist. And he sound quality is amazing. I got mine for 42 shipped.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Jon I have mine set up for aux import...i don't use teh ipod, but it's nice when a friend says hey check this out, and i can plug theyre mp3 player regardless of brand or model. wire is coiled in the glove box.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
Iceman , CHILL. You dont know what your talking about here.

you cant just plug rcas into the back of the Pioneers, theres no input. If you had a 7900 you could do the $8 route with a mini to mini jack cord, but not on the 06s and back. If you go that route youll run out of batteries and have to find a way to charge it and youll need a Pioneer aux input piece(I have one Id sell you if you want). Also going that route will mean 2 cables plugged into it(unless you do the Belkin piece that plugs into the cig lighter and has a headphone jack output to go to the aux in). Also if you aux input it youll be going threw the headphone plug and sound quality suffers and battery life dies because inorder to get close to decent SQ you need to keep the iPod at max volume(except on the Belkin piece). Going the decent route like that, your looking at:
$30 Belkin
$30 aux-in
$8-20 rca to mini jack
also by doing this you cant add a changer or other closed ended IP-Bus devices. If you wanted to you would need a $60-70 aux-in device from Pioneer called a CD-RB20!
If you use the CD-IB100 it will charge it, the radio will control it, you can search the ipod right from the radio, and listen to it all on one cable.
$42-50

you pick

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
Iceman , CHILL. You dont know what your talking about here.

you cant just plug rcas into the back of the Pioneers, theres no input. If you had a 7900 you could do the $8 route with a mini to mini jack cord, but not on the 06s and back. If you go that route youll run out of batteries and have to find a way to charge it and youll need a Pioneer aux input piece(I have one Id sell you if you want). Also going that route will mean 2 cables plugged into it(unless you do the Belkin piece that plugs into the cig lighter and has a headphone jack output)
If you use the CD-IB100 it will charge it, the radio will control it, you can search the ipod right from the radio, and listen to it all on one cable.
Really, cause right off that ebay ad, "auxiliary input"

You have to have another piece to use the aux input?

·
9,823 Posts
Really, cause right off that ebay ad, "auxiliary input"

You have to have another piece to use the aux input?
yes on all the pre 07 units you need a CD-RB10 or other piece like a PIX-PIO? from other companies

·
9,823 Posts
for the cost of that now year old unit Id rather get a new 5900 with the high speed cable and have the units communicate much faster and be able to display more information plus being able to do an aux in with the $30 piece and bluetooth ability

·
Cartmans Critters
8,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
for the cost of that now year old unit Id rather get a new 5900 with the high speed cable and have the units communicate much faster and be able to display more information plus being able to do an aux in with the $30 piece and bluetooth ability
So youre saying instead of buying those parts to make it work, I should sell mine and buy a new HU?

If I were to get a new HU Id have to go with a dvd screen setup

1 - 20 of 30 Posts