GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 74 pickup lifted about 6 suspension and 2 body. And I bought it with no driveshaft in the front. Will a stock on work or will I have to get one made? Thanks

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
A stock one may work..... but I bet you would have problems if you wheel it. Most likely you will have to get it lengthened, or if you have some fab skills, build a square one. There are quite a few write-ups over on Pirate about those, if you can weld there's not too much too them. A lot cheaper than buying a 1350 shaft or the like.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
It should work...and as long as you don't have a real flexy susp, it shouldn't pull apart...or it will be RARE for it to. mine never did till i did 52s up front. You will need to grind the cv out tho to get that much angle out of it.

·
is awesome
2,263 Posts
might work or might not

i have one from my 85 built for 6" of lift, 1.5" streach forward, and a 60
might work for you if you wanna measure

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Measure frome yoke to yoke to see how much spline engagement you have. then make your decsion based on that measurement.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it measures 32, I found a driveshaft at the junk yard that is around 29 3/4-34.. So hopefully it will work... Thanks

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
thats a little to close for comfort imo. its droop you need to worry about, id go flex truck out and then measure yoke to yoke with pumkin side at full droop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts