GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have an 09 Sierra Crew Cab and installed the McGaughys 4/6 drop along with Belltech adjustable front lowering struts (set at 1" drop) giving me a total of 5" drop in front. Im running a Toyo 295/30-24 tire on Boss 330 wheels. The problem I'm having is that the alighnment shop was only able to get the camber to roughly -0.9 and -0.8 (the TOE was perfect). I am noticing that the tires are wearing a little on the inside and in order to attemp to fix balljoint angle and camber adjustment was considering installing the DJM upper control arms only, not the lowers. Will this work? I have the Belltech offset bushings part #4955 but I'm thinkin twice cause the angle of the ball joint is concerning me know. What do you guys think would be the best way to go? Will this work for me?

Thanks in advance for the help!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
you can run a 4" drop up front with 24's? Do you have any problems up front, i see it says a 5" drop but i was told i can't go with a 4" so I ordered a 3/6.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, you can run 24's with a 5" drop like mine with no rubbing or cutting. BTW, got the DJM uppers, fixed everything. Alignment was set back to factory. Thanks for everyones help that responded.:)

·
Vendor
2,493 Posts
wish you got the djm uppers from me could save you $$$$ lol

ive done a few trucks djm 4 inch front and spindles on the 07s up works great and aligns perfect for 6 inches

in rear flip kit 7 inch with shackles and notch and thing rides great.

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
yes, you can run 24's with a 5" drop like mine with no rubbing or cutting. BTW, got the DJM uppers, fixed everything. Alignment was set back to factory. Thanks for everyones help that responded.:)
so you now have 7" drop or did you remove something else? :think:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wish you got the djm uppers from me could save you $$$$ lol

ive done a few trucks djm 4 inch front and spindles on the 07s up works great and aligns perfect for 6 inches

in rear flip kit 7 inch with shackles and notch and thing rides great.
you are probably right! that Mike guy wasnt the friendliest dude ever.

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
I started out with a Mcgaughys 4/6 and added the adjustable Belltech struts up front(Belltech struts set at 1" drop) so 4 + 1 = 5 in the front
I understand that...I ran that same setup for a year.

However, you stated you added the DJM UCA...so did you keep everything else the same?

4 + 1 = 5 + DJM = ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I understand that...I ran that same setup for a year.

However, you stated you added the DJM UCA...so did you keep everything else the same?

4 + 1 = 5 + DJM = ?
I used the upper arms from DJM only, the LCA are factory, the DJM UCA just correct the Camber and Ball joint angle. They have nothing to do with ride height.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts