GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might be trading my 1500 in for a 2500HD and wanted to know if my 3 inch blocks in the rear will fit the new truck and if my ready lift torsion keys will fit?

·
Throttle Jockey
279 Posts
As long as the blocks are the same width as teh springs. 2 1/2 inches

And the keys should work too, some people run 2500 torsion bars on 1500 to get a lift.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
your blocks will work your keys wont. those would way over crank a 2500. your stock keys would be tits though

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So Your saying that my ready lift keys won't fit but my stock keys will fit and be able to align my steering?

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
the stock keys from your half ton in a 2500 hd is the same as your readylift keys in your half ton. your half ton keys will level the front of the 2500hd.

i have a set of those keys if you need them

·
Popcorn Sutton's BFF
1,083 Posts
remember a 2500 doesn't have a rear block from the factory so don't look to crank to get rid of the rake the 3" block will give you.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No I have my stock keys still, Im trading my half ton in with the ready lift still in it. I did some research and saw that the leveling kit is just to level it, not to add blocks to the rear cuz it can cause your torsion bars to sag, so on the 2500 im just gonna put my 1500 torsion keys on it and leave it, maybe add a bodylift.

·
Super trash and proud
1,921 Posts
No I have my stock keys still, Im trading my half ton in with the ready lift still in it. I did some research and saw that the leveling kit is just to level it, not to add blocks to the rear cuz it can cause your torsion bars to sag, so on the 2500 im just gonna put my 1500 torsion keys on it and leave it, maybe add a bodylift.
BL on 2500 :uhoh:

I wouldn't do that

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
no i have my stock keys still, im trading my half ton in with the ready lift still in it. I did some research and saw that the leveling kit is just to level it, not to add blocks to the rear cuz it can cause your torsion bars to sag, so on the 2500 im just gonna put my 1500 torsion keys on it and leave it, maybe add a bodylift.
bad idea. too expensive and BL's look like shit on HD's. Shows way to much frame

1 - 10 of 10 Posts