GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today I ordered new tires. I got the bfgoodrich KM2's size 35 x 12.5 R18. My question is will I have to trim any right now with just a 3inch body lift?

Besides the BL thats all I have lift wise to clear these tires. There going on the stock NNBS 18in wheels.

·
BORN CHEVY
1,324 Posts
You may have to trim your valance. I have a 2" Body Lift and leveling kit with 33x13x18 on the NNBS rims and have plenty of room. I want to go 35's next after I regear.

·
Gm truck junkie
3,657 Posts
35's are way to big for just a 3" bodylift

·
BORN CHEVY
1,324 Posts
35's are way to big for just a 3" bodylift
Not when the 35's are on stock rims. There are too many people that have done it successfully on here with no problems.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah I know I can fit them with just 3BL and plus bfg's run small. I just don't want to have to trim metal if I can avoid it.

·
Gm truck junkie
3,657 Posts
Not when the 35's are on stock rims. There are too many people that have done it successfully on here with no problems.
35's look pretty stuffed on 6" lifts let alone a bl.

yeah I know I can fit them with just 3BL and plus bfg's run small. I just don't want to have to trim metal if I can avoid it.
when you worry about cutting up your truck to fit the tires there too big.

·
Registered
957 Posts
:word: I'm running 35's on 14.5" of lift and sometimes i think they are too big :think:

·
Canadian Chapter
2,283 Posts
i run a 33 on a stock rim. i could fit 35's no problem. but i'm an OBS. i think you might have to do a bit of trimming but nothing extreme. i might have been wrong before though.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is just gonna be temporary because I have to have tires now because mine are bald as hell. A 6in suspension lift will come within the next month or two for sure.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I run 35x12.50-18x9 wheel on my Z71 with a 6 inch lift and I rub a little when I turn, the back of the fender. I trimmed the Air dam and it comes close to it but no rub. I think it will be very close on yours with just a 3" body lift. No room to flex anything.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts