GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, getting ready to put rims and tires on my 2000 Sierra 1500 4X4 . . . I would like to put 18 inch rims on it. If I do this, will I need a lift? I really don't want to lift it if I don't have to. I was wondering if I ordered the rims and tires and when I got them would I be able to put them straight on my truck and everything be fine?
Hope someone can help. Thanks!

·
Popcorn Sutton's BFF
1,083 Posts
Good thing it's not a 2500 or your diff would drag running those tires

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good thing it's not a 2500 or your diff would drag running those tires
Yeah, I don't know much about what is going to fit right and what isn't. I prefer not to have to get a lift or anything. If i just went with 17's would that be better? and a thing about that is the 17's that I want match everything perfectly except for the offset is off... specs i found for my truck are :

Vehicle: 2000 Sierra 1500 Bolt Pattern: 6x5.5/139.7
Offset Range: 5-25 Wheel Size Range: 16x7-22x9.5

and the offset for the 17's that I want is 0 ... would that be a problem?

·
Matt.719
301 Posts
I dont get putting rims on a 4x4........

unless its like putting big tires

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You wouldnt need a lift. Those are tiny tires. You should go bigger. U dont need to go as small of a tire that u said unless you're lowered.Maybe with the factory size tire. Check these out....these would be the same fit as factory tires and wouldn't rub.
http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/se...100|2000&r=TDNINT|pc|75205&ar=60&rd=18&cs=285
Thanks a lot! but If I did get the tires I mentioned with the 18 wheels it wouldn't look bad would it? im not looking for a real big rugged tire just something that isn't going to rub even without a lift

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok wow... haha lots of support here... Here is the reason I said that. I went to a website and found rims that I wanted... well then I found the cheapest tires for them in a package and those were the ones that were the cheapest. I just searched that tire size on google and wow now i see why you want me banned... lol let me give you all a link on what I want my truck to look like. I think I just might need to go with 17's but am I going to face a problem with the offset not matching up? sorry I am an idiot guys just very new to this.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
it doesn't matter if you want a 17 or 18 inch wheel. it all depends on the tire size and wheel backspacing to make them fit. get a tire size that is close to your stock tires which is most likely a 245/75/16. stick to a backspacing that is close to 5.5" which is the backspacing of stock wheels.

·
Matt.719
301 Posts
I looked up 215/35/18 to verify I knew what it was and there was a picture of a mini cooper with them. do 20"s or something if your gunna spend actual money on this mod :imo

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
they will work as long as the wheel isnt too wide and the tires isnt too big

1 - 20 of 22 Posts