GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Chevrolet Owner
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As i said in an earlier post i have been having a lot of problems with my blazer. First it was a driveshaft then my frame cracked and then my transfer case went out. So i find a transfer case at a junkyard and i take it and my truck to a tranny shop to get it put in. I paid 300 bucks to have it put in, have the seals redone and fill it with oil. So i picked it up this morning and start driving it and then i notice a small vibrating and a little bit of a rattle. To make a long story short i decided to pull the plug on the t-case to see if it had oil in it, and sure enough it was dry as a bone, and now the shop is closed till monday. They are gonna get an earfull from me. What kind of compensations do you all think i am entitled too, and do you think it would be worth it to report the shop to the beuro of automotive repair

·
Banned
487 Posts
i would go chew some ass.. then tell them that your guna keep driving it until it blows... THEN, they get to pull it out, buy a new/used one, replace it alllllll for free. :read:

Thats why i do all my work myself, if it breaks or blows up i know its my fault and I trust MY work.

·
Chevrolet Owner
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would rather do all my work myself, but i have very little time between work and trying to get all my stuff moved to a new house in san diego. At least by having a shop do it they are pretty much obligated to do a good job or it comes right back to them and they have to pay for it. If i screw up then its my fault and i have to end up dishing out more money for something i did wrong

·
GMFS founding member
4,009 Posts
SDSUmudman said:
They are gonna get an earfull from me. What kind of compensations do you all think i am entitled too
a new t-case, unless they feel like replacing the gears which are probably damaged. sorry to hear about this, i'd definitely report them to whoever i could and raise a lot of hell.

·
It's Jerry's World
3,573 Posts
Rednecked_4x4 said:
i would go chew some ass.. then tell them that your guna keep driving it until it blows... THEN, they get to pull it out, buy a new/used one, replace it alllllll for free. :read:

:word: or tell them you want it replaced right off the bat :read:

theres no excuse for that.

·
Chevrolet Owner
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just out of curiosity how much oil does that transfer case hold, and what kind of oil should be put in it. I have heard both regular 40 weight and also 90 weight gear oil

1 - 6 of 6 Posts