GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A local guy is selling a set of stock Rancho shocks that came off his 2010 4x4 Silverado. Can I bolt these onto my stock 2004 1500 Z71?

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
8,527 Posts
Rear, maybe. Front definitely not, the 2007+ half tons do not have "shocks" in the front, but rather struts.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
You are better off paying the money for shocks that are specific to your truck with your amount of lift or even just leveling. Shocks play a big role in ride comfort and proper suspension operation.

·
Registered
516 Posts
My stock rear shocks off my 09 fit on the rear of my dad's 06 Duramax.

Fronts will definitely not work.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate all of the comments. I will pass on the deal and look for something else. The truck has 160K on the original shocks, and they're starting to feel worn out. I would like to replace them with something comparable to OEM ride quality/performance. Would one of you kindly point me in that direction?

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
z71s come stock with bilstein shocks. They are a very nice riding shock. If I were you, I'd look into those. Are you lifted/leveled at all?

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
8,527 Posts
Not lifted, but want to get leveled. I just bought the truck.
Go with Biltstein for sure, you have two options, you can go with the regular blue/yellow shocks like what came on the z71s, or the zinc plated 5100s, they have a specific leveled 0-2" lift shock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts