GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Heavy Chevy
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got my 99 silvy and im about to put on a set of 22's and after that replace the rotors and calipers to help my stopping with such bigger wheels...but i want to take and reuse my stock wheels and tires for winter time so i was wondering if anybody knew if these baer alumnasport 14" rotors with calipers would fit with my stock wheels...i dont know the size of the stock rotors but they seem to fill up pretty nicely behind the wheel as is and im not sure if a bigger system would fit even tho the place i was lookin at said for 99-06 fs p/ups bolts on and replaces oem and compatible with stock abs systems... the kit comes with 2-piston cals and high friction iron 14" cross drilled slotted and vented rotors...tell me if ya think it will fit with my stock wheels and if u think they wont fit then wuts the smallest rim it would take to get them to fit, thanks

·
00Stormhoe
48 Posts
Baer brakes website and others say atleast 20" or bigger.

·
Speed Holes
5,190 Posts
I know that the SSBC 14" big brake kit rotors require an 18" or larger wheel. They will NOT work with stock wheels, unless you have some special order GM 20's or something...

Maybe those Baer calipers are bigger than stock or something, so they need the 20's?

That said, unless you really need new calipers, I'd highly recommend just getting the SSBC 14" big brake kit with brackets. Mine stop GREAT just with OE calipers and good pads and some braided brake lines. They stop my big fat 33.2" meats on 20's waaaay better than my OE brakes ever were even with stock size wheels and tires. And they're still looking great and stopping strong after several thousand miles too.
I'd give that a try, unless you want the overkill bling calipers and you've got the cash for them. I've currently got no desire and would rather spend my cash in other areas.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I am fairly certain SSBC is the only one that makes a full kit that that fits behind the stock wheels. It uses their 3 piston calipers, and stock sized slotted rotors. Only other options keeping the stock wheels are stock sized replacement rotors. I know powerslot and brembo have slotted replacements.

Link to the SSBC kit

·
Speed Holes
5,190 Posts
I am fairly certain SSBC is the only one that makes a full kit that that fits behind the stock wheels. It uses their 3 piston calipers, and stock sized slotted rotors. Only other options keeping the stock wheels are stock sized replacement rotors. I know powerslot and brembo have slotted replacements.

Link to the SSBC kit
That looks like a nice kit, just with stock size rotors.

Does it come with the tri-power 3piston calipers for all four wheels?? Or is it just a front kit?
If I ever decided to upgrade my OE calipers I'd probably go with something like those, should be a nice match to the 14" rotors.

Odd how they only list it as fitting the Sierra 1500HD, but it is listed to fit the Silverado 1500.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts