GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Freak a leak
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will 33x12.50x15 fit on a cst 4 inch spindle lift with no blocks in the back. only stock? It says from CST that they will clear 285/75/16. But i want a wider tire so do you think that these will fit ok?

·
Freak a leak
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i had an 05 but sold it and am now driving my 97 extended cab 2wd. But once i save up enough coin i want another 05 extended cab 2wd and go for that pre runner set up considering im 15 minutes from pismo dunes :). But i would like to run 33's on the 4 inch spindle. Would I need new Gears?

·
Registered
284 Posts
New gears are not needed

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
33s with 3.73s you are good. If it was a NBS, 33x12.5x15 would not fit unless you had spacers or ran say 14 wides because of the bigger brakes on the rear can not fit the 15s. On the OBS you are good.

·
Registered
27 Posts
obs with stock wheels and a 3in body lift i am fitting 33x12.50

·
Freak a leak
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
33s with 3.73s you are good. If it was a NBS, 33x12.5x15 would not fit unless you had spacers or ran say 14 wides because of the bigger brakes on the rear can not fit the 15s. On the OBS you are good.
So they will fit? on say an 03-05 2wd they will clear ok?

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
No the newer truck hence the word NBS they will not fit. Its not the tire its the rim size, you cant run 15s unless you got spacers or you have very wide negative offset rims. In a previous post I found out you can run 15x14s with no modification. But with say 15x10s or 15x12s you will need spacers.

·
Freak a leak
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No the newer truck hence the word NBS they will not fit. Its not the tire its the rim size, you cant run 15s unless you got spacers or you have very wide negative offset rims. In a previous post I found out you can run 15x14s with no modification. But with say 15x10s or 15x12s you will need spacers.
I would like to run 15x8 or 16x8.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
See your kind of throwing me off because your asking about OBS and NBS here. 16x8 would be fine on a OBS and NBS but 15x8 would only work with OBS unless you run like a 2.5 or 3 inch spacer on a NBS. Just the rear end doesnt allow for 15s on the NBS.

·
Freak a leak
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I never understand what the OBS and NBS is lol if you could clear that up for me i think it would be helpful. thank you lol

And i dont think any brand makes 33x12.5x16 do they?

·
Speed Holes
5,190 Posts
NBS = "New body style" from '99 to '07 classic
OBS = "Old body style", which is the square body prior to NBS.
then just for reference, the NNBS = '07 to present body style.

So what truck are you asking about exactly? Helps to ask questions that are a bit more specific.

Look for metric sizes too if you need.

I'd say just go 16 or 17's that way they will fit a wider variety and easy to find tires.
Also, whether the 33" tall tire fits or not also depends heavily on how small the offset is or if you run spacers. You'll run into more rubbing issues with wider rims or those with less offset.

·
Freak a leak
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
NBS = "New body style" from '99 to '07 classic
OBS = "Old body style", which is the square body prior to NBS.
then just for reference, the NNBS = '07 to present body style.

So what truck are you asking about exactly? Helps to ask questions that are a bit more specific.

Look for metric sizes too if you need.

I'd say just go 16 or 17's that way they will fit a wider variety and easy to find tires.
Also, whether the 33" tall tire fits or not also depends heavily on how small the offset is or if you run spacers. You'll run into more rubbing issues with wider rims or those with less offset.

Thanks for clearing that up for me!!

So my concern is if 33's will clear on a 4 inch spindle lift by CST on a NBS? Or what rim size/backspacing would i need to clear them?

·
Speed Holes
5,190 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up for me!!

So my concern is if 33's will clear on a 4 inch spindle lift by CST on a NBS? Or what rim size/backspacing would i need to clear them?

Should clear 33's no problem with a 4" lift on an NBS. Also depends on how much you trim too. I honestly wouldn't worry too much about clearing 33's on an NBS, it's typically not a big deal and you can always make them fit with more trimming.
I'm not sure, but those CST spindles might require a certain backspacing too, but I'm not positive (I don't know much about the 2WD lifts). I know spindle lifts on 4X4's typically require a 4.75 backspacing and a 17" or larger rim. OE is right around 5.5 or so of backspacing if I recall correctly, possibly a bit more.
Also keep in mind that these backspacing numbers will also differ depending on the width of the rim.

Now I'm just curious, why are you wondering about fitting 33's on an NBS when you just sold your '05 and are now driving an OBS??? Why did you sell the '05 in the first place?

·
Freak a leak
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Should clear 33's no problem with a 4" lift on an NBS. Also depends on how much you trim too. I honestly wouldn't worry too much about clearing 33's on an NBS, it's typically not a big deal and you can always make them fit with more trimming.
I'm not sure, but those CST spindles might require a certain backspacing too, but I'm not positive (I don't know much about the 2WD lifts). I know spindle lifts on 4X4's typically require a 4.75 backspacing and a 17" or larger rim. OE is right around 5.5 or so of backspacing if I recall correctly, possibly a bit more.
Also keep in mind that these backspacing numbers will also differ depending on the width of the rim.

Now I'm just curious, why are you wondering about fitting 33's on an NBS when you just sold your '05 and are now driving an OBS??? Why did you sell the '05 in the first place?

Heres all of the specs from the website http://www.cstsuspension.com/products/sfID1/7/sfID2/8/sfID3/72/productID/97

I had to sell cause i needed the money. I regret it so bad but hey nothing I can do about it. I am looking for another NBS now and still figuring out the set-up im going to run in my head :hmm:

I just want an opinion on rim size and back spacing because im not to bright when it comes to backspacing.. lol It always confuses me :shrug:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts