GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey im new here...The name is Ryan whats up.
I have a question about what i should do to my truck. I have a 2000 ext cab seirra. 1500 4x4 and im pretty sure it is a Z71 it has leather and all the options. But any way i want to lift it and tuck 36's. I want do do a smaller lift because i have to go cross country with it next racing season, i was going to do a 4' suspision lift and i wanted to run 36/ 12.50 on 18's. Now im new at all this so i dont know if thats possible or back spacing i would need. i am intersted in the mtz tires on some replica beadlocks if any one has suggestions or can tell me what to do that would be great. thanks alot.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
You'll need approximately 6" of suspension lift to run 36" tires. If you dotn have the sticker to see if it is a Z-71, go in your glovebox and it will say z71 somewhere in that list of RPO codes, if not you have a regular 4x4.(nothing is really different but the sticker) Do some seaching around and you will find alot of information, otherwise people will bash you about asking questions that have already been answered Numerous times. We help people who actually want to learn, not those who dont have a clue and post questions when they themselves havent thought about what they are asking. Its a big accomplishment when you figure out shit on your own. So good luck with the truck bud.

·
previously USMC05
552 Posts
I ll help you out a little, Z71 is just the sticker, shocks and skid plates, These dont matter if your goign to lift it anyway. I would recomend a 6" lift on a set of 35"s they will clear alot nicer and a little less wear and tear on the truck since you said you will be driving it alot. But like what was said above search the forums and you can find lots of questions just like yours and you will find the answer in detail you are looking for.

·
Registered
260 Posts
MTZ's do measure a little smaller when mounted up, so keep that in mind too.

·
Gringo Chiludo
586 Posts
My truck has a 4 inch lift with 34s, they are about as big as you can go with the 4 inch lift. You will definitly need a 6 inch lift.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
your rancho lift is 6" LIFT. just they use short TB bolts to not exceed 4" but if you measure control arm drop its 6"

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
8-9" is perfect for 36's, IMO. Whether it be a 6" kit cranked to 8", or 6" kit + a 3" body, or a 10" suspension lift cranked down or level... any combo will succeed at clearing 36's.

Here's my old truck w/ a FTS kit set at 9.5-10" front and 8" in the rear, on pretty wide 36x14.50 tires:
StudyGuides218.gif

StudyGuides217.gif

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
klemmentine what size wheels were you running on that truck, that is basicly the stance that i want. if i could maybe a little lower to stuff the tires more but that is sick non the less,i also really like the red one you all have nice trucks and thanks for the info, im on the fence with this because of course i want the bigger lift but i have to drive from new york to oklahoma towing a trailer.... what about a cognito 7-9 front lift kit? would it work and what do you do with the back? i was check out there site.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts