GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 RC 2wd 4.3 Sierra and would like to make the front level with the rear. It would appear I need about 1-1/2 to 2" of lift to do this.

I found some aftermarket coil springs with 2" of lift, but I would like to use stock springs if possible. If I got springs from a 5.3 truck, would it raise the front of my truck? If so, anyone know roughly how much?

Lastly…anyone happen to have…or be able to get a part number for a 5.3 front spring?

Thanks
-Brian

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well I'd like to gain more clearance for tires at the same time, without spending a couple grand on a lift and new wheels/tires

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
i put v-6 Springs on the front of my v8 and got a 2 1/2 inch drop then (did not notice the junck yard sold me v -6 ones ) but i dont know how high it would make it

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Black_Chrome said:
the weight difference between a 4.3 and a 5.3 is 200 lbs
this is good info....

now i just need to find out the spring rate of the springs to determine how much it would effect the ride height

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Eisenfaust said:
dont listen to these guys saying to lower it. Just get some coil spring spacers for like 79 bucks.
i heard thats not the best idea....those are what I was origionally looking at installing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts