GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ton of wind noise in my 06 Sierra ECSB. I thought it was the mirror at first, but realized it sounds like the window isn't sealing properly. It sounds like the window is cracked open a tiny bit, but I can't feel any air coming in. I'm thinking a seal isn't sitting right, but I can't find it. Anyone else have this issue? Thanks.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I was told by a escalade body shop guy that the easiest way to fix this was to open the door and pull really hard downward on the top of the door. It sounds stupid but it fixed mine and he stated that usually they dont do it right in front of the customer. He asked if i wheeled and I said sometimes. He said sometimes the flexing the vehicle in a parked positiion could result in such a thing. He was right, he did it and i havent heard the mistery wind noise again.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Same shit with me except its on the passenger side. My seal is really lose and i'll have to push it back in place about once a week. I'm thinking about getting new seal for that side because it's annoying. that, or just super glue the bitch.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll give that a whirl. Checked it over yesterday and the seal is in the right spot. If that doesn't work, I'll bring it to the dealership for warranty work. Thanks

·
Ballin' on a Budget
2,113 Posts
I'm lost, pull down as in bend the whole thing down, or just the top lip in?

·
Ballin' on a Budget
2,113 Posts
??? bump?

·
Ballin' on a Budget
2,113 Posts
???

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pull down on the door. Possibly it got out of alignment, at least that's what I thought. I think my problem is weather related. It was warmer yesterday and I didn't have an issue.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Open your door, stand so that your standing in the V that is made when you open the door. Grab a hold on top of the door, and pull down a bit. For mine it took quite a bit of heaving but i come in at a whopping 160lbs. too.

·
Ballin' on a Budget
2,113 Posts
hmm... sounds sketchy. My doors are old and already sag. Maybe i should replace my door pins? Has anyone tried that or the door seal?

·
GMFS Sr. Canadian Member
4,519 Posts
my driver side door sounds like shit too, and the door sags. how hard is it to change the pins? (OBS)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts