GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Official Rednek
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 1/2 tint on my windows, and i have heard that if you use windex to clean them it will tear the tint up. Is this true? Someone help shoot :guns: down this myth.

·
Registered
143 Posts
gmc_super_truck said:
I have 2 1/2 tint on my windows, and i have heard that if you use windex to clean them it will tear the tint up. Is this true? Someone help shoot :guns: down this myth.
it wont tear it up, but over time the ammonia that windex contains will sometimes discolor the tint. Look for window cleaner that is ammonia free.

·
[>
3,255 Posts
Stoners Invisible Glass :read:
I will never use Windex again :head:

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Buy you some Stoners Glass Cleaner! Best shit out there. Advance Auto, Pep Boys, or Auto Zone usually sell it. You may find it at Wal-Mart.

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
You can still use windex, just make sure to find the one that says "aftermarket tint window safe" (or something like that) on the back on the bottle...

9,808 Posts
It will not affect the factory tinted glass. The ammonia in the windex is what kills the aftermarket tint.

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
deltron said:
will windex affect facory installed tint or only the aftermarket stick on stuff?
Your factory tint is in the window itself...it isn't a film like the aftermarket stuff...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts