GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my window wouldn't roll down so I took off my door panel to see what the problem was. The top part of the plastic clip on the rail came off the tracks. I tried to get it back on with no luck. So my question is, how the hell do I get this little shit back on? Some fast help would be appreciated because it's a complete pain in the ass not being able to roll it down.

BTW....its a 00 Z71 with power windows

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should go take a picture but lets see if I can explain it. It isn't broken but there is like two clips that go around the rail. The bottom one is attatched while the top one came off. I get so close to getting it on the rail but after a point, it won't budge. Do you know what I'm talking about now?

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a white clip. Well I could have tried harder but I was afraid to break it. It's just frustrating because it's so close but can't get it to go.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Yea, I had a problem with my motor, so I take it out, and when I put it back in I didnt put the cable's back on the pully right, and it jammed up and I couldnt get it to budge... So i traded it in soon after...LOL

DId you try some lube on the clip? LOL But seriously some white lithium grease to kinda lube it up?

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I didn't put any on because I didn't think it would help. I may just try it out of desperation but I think it'll just be a waste to take the door panel off again. I just want to fix the damn thing myself instead of taking it to the dealership and paying for it. I may just take my friend with me because her uncle owns one of the dealership :waytogo:

·
Let's Go Hunting
126 Posts
You talking about the little white piece that fits over a little metal ball like thing that moves the window up and down and sits in the window track? If so grease it up really well and get some pliers to try and pop it back in place. If you cant get it back on there your going to need to change the window regulator. More than likely if it fell of once and you get it back on if its any sort of loose its going to fall off again and your going to need to change out the window regulator. Happened to me on my 98 not to bad just the rivets that it comes with are huge so had to bring it to a shop to get them popped in

1 - 12 of 12 Posts