GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
tschmidt098
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Treat your computer to the preferred edition of Windows for home desktop and mobile PCs. Windows Vista Home Premium delivers more productivity and Media Center entertainment at home and beyond, making it easy to enjoy digital photos, music, TV, and movies while providing a whole new level of security and reliability.

* A breakthrough design that brings your world into sharper focus
* Enjoy the elegant, visually compelling Windows Aero desktop experience with Windows Flip 3D navigation
* Quickly find what you need on your computer or the Internet with Instant Search. Organize, edit, and share your favorite memories with family and friends using the new Windows Photo Gallery
* Bring live information like weather and news directly to your desktop with easy-to-use gadgets in Windows Sidebar
* Better protection than any previous Windows operating system for your PC, personal information, and your family
* Help protect private information and remove spyware with Windows Defender
* Keep your children safer online with improved, customizable Parental Controls
* Backup data with the new, automated Scheduled and Network Backup
* Help protect your PC and your personal information against malicious software, fraudulent websites, and online phishing scams with Windows Internet Explorer 7
* Manage and enjoy your favorite digital photos, music, TV shows, and movies in your living room with Windows Media Center
* Enjoy Windows Media Center entertainment on TVs throughout your home with Xbox 360 and other devices connected to your home network
* Organize, edit and share a lifetime of photo and video memories with family and friends using Windows Photo Gallery and Windows Movie Maker
* Burn your slideshows and home movies to a DVD with DVD Maker and watch them on your PC or a DVD player whenever you like
* Choose the best version for notebook PCs with enhanced Windows Mobility Center and Tablet Technology
* Keep your devices up-to-date with your latest data, file versions, music and more in the Sync Center. Set up your mobile preferences and confidently connect wherever life takes you with Windows Mobility Center, Network and Sharing Center, and Sync Center

got the free upgrade, but dont have the laptop anymore so no need for it, they are 220 at walmart ill let it go for 180 shipped OBO looking to sell quick

·
Registered
248 Posts
I am curious what these upgrades at stores like target are for. They say if you have XP you can upgrade to Vist for $0.10 thats right 10 cents. Anybody know anything about these.

·
tschmidt098
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
to the top this is the HOME PREMIUM not the basic one, someone has to want vista i have it on my desktop and love it

·
Registered
54 Posts
one of my computers just got wiped out with a virus and i was fixing to replace the harddrive. is this the boxset that has everything i need to load onto a new harddrive or is this just like an upgrade to an existing windows program.

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
one of my computers just got wiped out with a virus and i was fixing to replace the harddrive. is this the boxset that has everything i need to load onto a new harddrive or is this just like an upgrade to an existing windows program.

This one is an upgrade, you'll need to have an activated install of XP to use this one...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts