GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Shift said:
Stoner Invisible Glass...
Does that stuff really work? I bought it the other day but I havent had a chance to try it out. I also bought a Black Magic Glass Cloth thats lint free for cleaning windows.

·
GPS Guru
347 Posts
SITNLO said:
Does that stuff really work? I bought it the other day but I havent had a chance to try it out. I also bought a Black Magic Glass Cloth thats lint free for cleaning windows.
I didn't think it'd work either till I saw it sitting on the shelf at Walmart, so I grabbed a can. I used to use the NAPA brand stuff cause I get it for free, but this stuff beats it all to hell, I'll never go back. :anitoof:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Bar Keepers Friend, promise.

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
U guys prolly think this is weird but i wash my truck inside my shop area, and then just blow dry my windows with a air and air chuck. it works everytime.

·
Loves yoga pants
2,412 Posts
fullthrottledan said:
U guys prolly think this is weird but i wash my truck inside my shop area, and then just blow dry my windows with a air and air chuck. it works everytime.
Not a good idea....there is a lot of oils and dirt/dust in air compressor lines that could be harmful to paint and glass...minute scratches that over time can show.

Use toothpaste for hardwater deposits...in small amounts...and buff out with a dry cloth. Then whatever wax you use for your paint on all glass surfaces for a nice shine and water repellant.

Pat

·
Registered
24 Posts
Shift said:
Where do you get that stuff at? I'm hearing it everywhere, but I've yet to find it?

You can find the Bar Keepers stuff at wal-mart. It's with the household cleaning stuff we use it on the stove on counters works good there, but never heard of it being used on window.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Now I have never actually tried this myself. But I had a guy who details for a living tell me that you can use 0000 steel wool to get those acid rain spots or hard water scale look off your glass. Apparently you have to keep it wet and you work in small circles, polishing the glass.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Vinegar works to remove the spots if you catch them early enough. Over time the edge of the spots will actually etch themselves into the glass where it can not be removed with out some serious polishing. I have never heard of using 0000 stell wool, and I would be real careful if you did decide to use it. A wool cutting pad and tooth paste will work to remove it once it is etched on, but plan on spending lots of time and keep the cutting pad clean or use multiple pads. If you let the toothpaste dry on the cutting pad or get trash on it you will scratch your windows.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts