GMC Truck Forum banner

Windsheild wipers turn on by themselves whenever they want

7K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  robert.r 
#1 ·
So i was driving around today and my wipers turned on and kept spraying the fluid and wiping until i turned the truck on and restarted it than after 15 mins it did the same thing again whats up with it anyone know its a 2007 GMC sierra slt 5.3. It has the heayed wiper fluid and the light was off when all this kept happening.

#2 ·
Having a similar thing happen to mine. If I turn them on when its wet outside sometimes they start going the second fastest speed and the only thing I can make them do it go the fastest speed. I can't make them stop. They either shut off on their own after a while or I have to shut the truck off and leave it over night for it to stop. It would be nice to have an answer to this. Any insight anyone?

#7 ·
I dont believe they are rain sensitive since there has been snow on the cowl for about two week it happened the day after i washed it and refilled the wiper fluid

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.