GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I put this decal on my truck today and not even 20 minutes after I put it on my sister starts telling me its illegal...is she right or just being a sibling?

Heres the only pic of how i put it on

I live in Maryland if that makes a difference

·
AKA Sugar Plum
2,023 Posts
in Mich it is, besides just being gay.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I do enjoy a monster every now and then, but would never pay money for a decal to advertise for them on my truck...

More than likely it is- most if not all states have something for putting stickers/decals on the windshield other than registration below the 5-6" line. And since its running vertical guess what- its lower than 6".

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do enjoy a monster every now and then, but would never pay money for a decal to advertise for them on my truck...

More than likely it is- most if not all states have something for putting stickers/decals on the windshield other than registration below the 5-6" line. And since its running vertical guess what- its lower than 6".
Alright thanks, I might take it off tomorrow or just see if I get hassled not sure yet...

BTW I didnt pay for the decal, a buddy had it laying around so we threw it on there, figured its only vinyl I can take it off in 30 secs if I didnt like it

·
WIP (Work In Progess)
52 Posts
hey man, if you like it, you like it. Don't let someone elses opinion of what your truck looks like detour you from what YOU want. its your truck and opinions are like assholes and kittens. Everybody has one and they are always giving them away. If you like it and you think it looks good. ROCK IT BRO!!!

Legally, i do not know. I know in cali if it is below 6" from the roof or you are not required to maintain a registration sticker on the front, it is illegal. My buddy had a DC sticker that ran across the top passenger corner of his windshield. The sticker was like 6"x6". He didn't make it 3 blocks before he got pulled over for it....

·
Registered
197 Posts
Round here folks tint their whole windshields and run stickers down the front like that. It aint legal but nobody gives a shit to say anything. I like that Monster sticker myself , Got a Buddy with a Mud Slutz one down his front windshield like that.

·
Internet Tough Guy
1,014 Posts
To each their own...

Im just trying to figure out if itll be an issue with the cops
probably would depend on the cop IMO.

one may not care, it isn't on the driver's side and not impeding your view... where the next might say it WILL obstruct your view.

What kills me is I've gotten tickets before for river run stickers in the bottom corner of my windshield in NV... but here in PA I have 3 (THREE!!) state smog, inspection, and towing stickers in the same spot!

·
481 Posts
In MA if its in the path of the wipers then it is illegal. Does your state have inspections? If it does i would ask them (the main office) or the RMV what is legal.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
8,527 Posts
Other than being a sticker "that guy" would run, yea it would be illegal as it is in the field of view below the AS1 line.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Only if you have a FOX sticker that covers the entire back window. If you do the gayness cancels each other out.

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
According to MD Transportation Code Title 22, Sub-Title 4:

§ 22-404. Windshields must be unobstructed and equipped with wipers

(a) Signs, posters, etc. -- A person may not drive any motor vehicle with any sign, poster, or other nontransparent material on the front windshield or sidewings of the vehicle other than a certificate or other paper either required to be so displayed by law or authorized by the Administrator.

(b) Wipers required. -- The windshield on every motor vehicle, except motorcycles, shall be equipped with a device for cleaning rain, snow, or other moisture from the windshield, which device shall be constructed to be controlled or operated by the driver of the vehicle.

(c) Wipers to be in good working order. -- Every windshield wiper on a motor vehicle shall be maintained in good working order.

HISTORY: An. Code 1957, art. 66 1/2, § 12-404; 1977, ch. 14, § 2.
And, same sub-title:

§ 22-404.1. Display of emblems and signs

(a) Prohibited. -- A person may not display on a motor vehicle the insignia or emblem of any motor vehicle club or similar organization, or of a fire company, unless he is entitled to use the same under the constitution, bylaws, rules, or regulations of the club or organization.

(b) Display creating hazard to safety. -- A person may not display on a motor vehicle any sign that, in the judgment of the Administration, may tend to create a hazard to safety.

HISTORY: An. Code 1957, art. 661/2, § 12-404.1; 1977, ch. 14, § 2; 1986, ch. 472, § 1.
SOURCE: LexisNexis

·
hella cute n shit
7,652 Posts
Is it illegal? Sure. Are you gonna get bothered for it? I highly doubt it.

I've never had one quite that big, but I've always liked the look of a sticker that runs along the A-pillar. I had this one on my last truck and been stopped by the po-po plenty of times for tint and stuff and they never said a word about the sticker.

2011-02-10220712.jpg

·
Registered
218 Posts
from a law enforcement point of view I doubt the county guys bother you, but the state ones could nag you over it. Personally you will get wrote for it when they or if they pull you for something else. Then you have the option of paying for it or going to court and the judge telling you to take it off and you pay court costs. To me its not worth it. Just something to get hassled about when your enjoying your day. I wouldnt pull you for that, but someone else could. 90% of the time he or she would just tell you its against the law and just take it off the first time.

as others said, if you like it then go for it. Im not a sticker fan on the front windows but if you are then go for it. They look better on the rear window;) HAHAHA!
goodluck man

just watch out if you come to Va and you see state troopers HAHAH

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
8,527 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
they are super troopers LOL....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts