GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about this today...What happens with your Registration, Inspection, etc stickers when the shield is tinted :think: ?

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,241 Posts
In NC...

NOTHING!!! They got rid of windshield inspection stickers this year. Chicka chicka yeah!

I guess just have your tint guy cut a square out in the tint for it slightly bigger than the sticker then have a piece of tint slapped over the sticker to cover the edges...

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Jameson, register that truck in the great state of Oklahoma. No inspections. Mine has been tinted for two years.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jameson, register that truck in the great state of Oklahoma. No inspections. Mine has been tinted for two years.
:hmm: Il have to look into the registration fees. LOL, I may look into that if I find a place around here who will tint my shield.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And Im registered in Texas, but since Im Military stationed out of state, I dont have to get it inspected. However I still have the registration sticker.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
on my tahoe i had them just tint over my stickers and looked good from the inside and outside, i didnt have it long enough to have to cut out for my registration sticker. on my 2500hd i had them cut around it and doesnt look as good but when i had to put a new registration on it wasnt too hard to do with a razor blade just had to be careful not to cut my tint.

·
Registered
19,437 Posts
on my tahoe i had them just tint over my stickers and looked good from the inside and outside, i didnt have it long enough to have to cut out for my registration sticker. on my 2500hd i had them cut around it and doesnt look as good but when i had to put a new registration on it wasnt too hard to do with a razor blade just had to be careful not to cut my tint.
i see me slipping and cutting a big gash in my tint then getting pulled over on the way to get it retinted and them giving me a ticket for a tinted sheild... it would be a hell of a mess:crazy:

·
They call me Skinny....
358 Posts
Yup, good ol' Oklahoma. We haven't had inspections since like what? 97 or earlier? Something like that....

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
i see me slipping and cutting a big gash in my tint then getting pulled over on the way to get it retinted and them giving me a ticket for a tinted sheild... it would be a hell of a mess:crazy:
haha yea i was very very careful when i did mine.... my truck being as tall as it is has worked in my favor for having my windshield tinted since its taller than most average people.

·
Registered
8,357 Posts
i cut around mine, but i think im going to get some of that static tint and cut a square to put behind the inspection sticker

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
do you think the tint would be stuck to the window enough were you could put the tint on first then your stickers and be able to remove them safely without peeling the tint?

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Im still debating on the windshield tint. Not sure how strict OK police are yet. Im thinking I'll do 50% though, although 35% would be sick as fuck. I never thought about the lifted thing Drew, makes sense.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Im still debating on the windshield tint. Not sure how strict OK police are yet. Im thinking I'll do 50% though, although 35% would be sick as fuck. I never thought about the lifted thing Drew, makes sense.
yea it sure helps being taller...i was at a whataburger at 3am a few nights ago and had cops checking people if they were drunk and had 2 cops testing me and they didnt even notice the tint.

im putting 70% on my windshield on my new f-450 i picked up today. law in texas says you can put a clear uv protecting film on so 70% is what clear glass meters so im going with that...shouldnt tint it much but should help with heat...getting the usual limo all around tho too. ill get some pics up friday once its done.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts