GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
19,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How exactly do you do the inspection sticker??? I am wanting to put 50% on the shield will you be able to tell that its tinted??? I dont want it to be really visible cuz I dont want the popos on my case! My plan is to put 15% on the sides to match the factory on the back then put tint the windshield 50% and on top of that a 15% brow!!

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
How exactly do you do the inspection sticker??? I am wanting to put 50% on the shield will you be able to tell that its tinted??? I dont want it to be really visible cuz I dont want the popos on my case! My plan is to put 15% on the sides to match the factory on the back then put tint the windshield 50% and on top of that a 15% brow!!

Tint right over the sticker. Do a 5% brow and then the 50% and it wont hardly be noticable that the whole thing is tinted. I did 5 and 35 on mine last week. I'll take pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
19,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you have to get your windshield retinted every time you have to get an inspection sticker????

·
Registered
8,260 Posts
Tint right over the sticker. Do a 5% brow and then the 50% and it wont hardly be noticable that the whole thing is tinted. I did 5 and 35 on mine last week. I'll take pics tomorrow.
It actually would be better to put the 50% down first so you dont have the line of where the brow and whole shield tint meet. Kinda like a air bubble but all the way across your windshield...understand?

50% isnt noticeable enough to get busted IMO

Most places will also cut around your inspection sticker so you would have a chance at getting it inspected.

·
Registered
19,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I would put the 50 down first then put the brow on it! I think I would be fine as long as it was cut perfect to my sticker! I have a buddy that works at a shop where I can get it inspected! I think I'm gunna go to the eye doctor and get a prescription for window tint!

·
Z71 Avalanche
830 Posts
Yeah I would put the 50 down first then put the brow on it! I think I would be fine as long as it was cut perfect to my sticker! I have a buddy that works at a shop where I can get it inspected! I think I'm gunna go to the eye doctor and get a prescription for window tint!
...what are u just going to tell him the sun hurts your eyes?....dont they have to liek run tests to prove that u need it, seems like if it were thate asy mroe people would do it

·
Registered
19,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One of my buddies got one....he said all he did was told him that he gets haedaches from the sun shinning in his eyes and needless to say his windows are pretty dark! I actually gotten headaches from the sun shining in my eyes before not all the time but I really have before!

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
It actually would be better to put the 50% down first so you dont have the line of where the brow and whole shield tint meet. Kinda like a air bubble but all the way across your windshield...understand?

50% isnt noticeable enough to get busted IMO

Most places will also cut around your inspection sticker so you would have a chance at getting it inspected.
If you do the 50% or 35% whatever you choose first, then you cant hardly see the darker tint of the brow through it. I've tried it both ways. It looks a lot better with doing the brow first. You can't hardly see the line on my windshield between the tint.

·
Registered
906 Posts
What the hell is the inspection sticker:think: I am here in cali and I have nothing on my windshield. (except my viper antenna and mirror)

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
What the hell is the inspection sticker:think: I am here in cali and I have nothing on my windshield. (except my viper antenna and mirror)
It is the tag showing your vehicle passed state inspection. Look it is the sticker in the lower corner of my yotas windsheild.
Picture006-1.jpg

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Word I love oklahoma no inspection. I have to say tho if i was an eye doctor and someone wanted a note to say they needed the windows tinted cause the sun gave them headaches. My first responce wouldn't be give the note and say have the windsheild tinted. It would be go to walmart and buy some damn sunglasses. But I want mine done also. I just can't believe eye doctors are falling for this and giving notes out.

·
Dem People
5,664 Posts
I have my inspection sticker on first with the tint laid over it. It would be too obvious imo if the 35% tint was under the sticker.
If you're only doing 50% then get it tinted first and then put the sticker on. I wouldn't even cut around it. The inspection people won't even notice with it being only 50%. They will notice if there is a peice cut out when they go to put the new one on. Get what I'm saying?

Here's mine.
CIMG5048.jpg

CIMG5049.jpg

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts

·
Registered
19,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have my inspection sticker on first with the tint laid over it. It would be too obvious imo if the 35% tint was under the sticker.
If you're only doing 50% then get it tinted first and then put the sticker on. I wouldn't even cut around it. The inspection people won't even notice with it being only 50%. They will notice if there is a peice cut out when they go to put the new one on. Get what I'm saying?

Here's mine.
CIMG5048.jpg

CIMG5049.jpg
Yeah I get what you are sayin....but what about when I get an inspection sticker and some old redneck comes out there and goe to town with a razar scraper and cuts my tint all to shit???

·
Resident Guinea Wop
14,533 Posts
Yeah I get what you are sayin....but what about when I get an inspection sticker and some old redneck comes out there and goe to town with a razar scraper and cuts my tint all to shit???
How'bout you take it off yourself prior to inspection.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts