GMC Truck Forum banner

Windshield Woes

1060 16
So how many of you have chips in your windshield, the kind that are an eyesore but not worth replacing the windshield yet? I did, up until today .. now I have a nice crack across my windshield so it will be time to replace it. This will be the second time I've had it replaced.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
3,112 Posts
I have a crack on my passenger side, I don't notice it most of the time. I also have 164,000 miles worth of rock chips too, but nothing compared to what my dads suburban has, it looks all sparkly in direct sunlight :crazy:

· Jason RIP
9,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Matt said:
geez man that sucks to have to replace it again. mine need to be replaced too. i have a crack that goes all the way down the center of mine.
It's been a long time since I replaced it before, probably 2 years ... after I did replace it, like the next week I got a chip on my new windshield, sucked :LOL:

· I'll Take teh Case!
2,947 Posts
I came out one day last year to my old truck and found this while it was parked in the school parking lot.

It sucks, but I got the insurance to pay for it (except the $100 deductible, which I got the glass replacement company to eat).

· Kyle
3,479 Posts
I got a rock chip the first week i got my truck, from then on i've decided just to give them to other people. What bugs me is some cars can go forever with out a chip or anything on the windshield, and some get them so quick :nono:

· Registered
3,243 Posts
I had 3 windshields replaced on my old truck. Driving 200 miles back and forth to college often and being on farm roads I seen my share of gravel trucks or trucks hauling cows/horses so i was very unlucky. My deductible was $50 on glass so that helped out alot. Also had my back windshield busted out in the freezing cold in new mexico while skiing... Buddy did a doughnut behind me and threw rocks up that was in the snow... Also had my back quarter glass busted when i got my system jacked... I have had hell with glass on my last truck but have had damn good luck with my new one so its all good...

· Registered
10,289 Posts
Ouch... well, I got 1 chip that is DIRECTLY inbetween my eyes and the road, it sucks! But I used one of those "fix a windsheild" bullshit or whatever and it's better now... if it wasn't rIGHT INFRONT OF MY EYES i probably wouldn't even notice it :bawl:

· Changed my life
5,281 Posts
yoskater said:
Ouch... well, I got 1 chip that is DIRECTLY inbetween my eyes and the road, it sucks! But I used one of those "fix a windsheild" bullshit or whatever and it's better now... if it wasn't rIGHT INFRONT OF MY EYES i probably wouldn't even notice it :bawl:
:LOL: That sucks man.

I think I have like 1 tiny chip in my windshield, I don't know, been awhile since I drove my truck.

· Registered
308 Posts
That aint shit....my family and i were goin down to houston in my dads truck and we was goin down I-35 and a big ass bird hit our windshield........there was glass all over the damn place.....scrathed the paint...dented the hood....so yea that sucked!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.