GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So how many of you have chips in your windshield, the kind that are an eyesore but not worth replacing the windshield yet? I did, up until today .. now I have a nice crack across my windshield so it will be time to replace it. This will be the second time I've had it replaced.

crackedwindshield.gif

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I have a crack on my passenger side, I don't notice it most of the time. I also have 164,000 miles worth of rock chips too, but nothing compared to what my dads suburban has, it looks all sparkly in direct sunlight :crazy:

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Matt said:
geez man that sucks to have to replace it again. mine need to be replaced too. i have a crack that goes all the way down the center of mine.
It's been a long time since I replaced it before, probably 2 years ... after I did replace it, like the next week I got a chip on my new windshield, sucked :LOL:

·
Registered
716 Posts
slamdfullsize said:
insurance usually pays for that if u got full coverage.
How much would it cost to replace a wind shield?
I would do the insurance thing but if its less than my $500 deductible i'd rather just pay out of my pocket. I have a small chip in mine btw.

·
Truck Nut
1,476 Posts
i got a nice chip then a huge crack two days after I got my truck from the dealer. I went back and said WTF, but they didnt want to cover it under warrenty. I tried though, LOL. :D

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
So far im pretty lucky...but i guess it helps to not be 4" off the ground...

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
I came out one day last year to my old truck and found this while it was parked in the school parking lot.

It sucks, but I got the insurance to pay for it (except the $100 deductible, which I got the glass replacement company to eat).

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
I got a rock chip the first week i got my truck, from then on i've decided just to give them to other people. What bugs me is some cars can go forever with out a chip or anything on the windshield, and some get them so quick :nono:

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I had 3 windshields replaced on my old truck. Driving 200 miles back and forth to college often and being on farm roads I seen my share of gravel trucks or trucks hauling cows/horses so i was very unlucky. My deductible was $50 on glass so that helped out alot. Also had my back windshield busted out in the freezing cold in new mexico while skiing... Buddy did a doughnut behind me and threw rocks up that was in the snow... Also had my back quarter glass busted when i got my system jacked... I have had hell with glass on my last truck but have had damn good luck with my new one so its all good...

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Ouch... well, I got 1 chip that is DIRECTLY inbetween my eyes and the road, it sucks! But I used one of those "fix a windsheild" bullshit or whatever and it's better now... if it wasn't rIGHT INFRONT OF MY EYES i probably wouldn't even notice it :bawl:

·
Changed my life
1,218 Posts
yoskater said:
Ouch... well, I got 1 chip that is DIRECTLY inbetween my eyes and the road, it sucks! But I used one of those "fix a windsheild" bullshit or whatever and it's better now... if it wasn't rIGHT INFRONT OF MY EYES i probably wouldn't even notice it :bawl:
:LOL: That sucks man.

I think I have like 1 tiny chip in my windshield, I don't know, been awhile since I drove my truck.

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
LowBlue02 said:
:LOL: That sucks man.

I think I have like 1 tiny chip in my windshield, I don't know, been awhile since I drove my truck.
uh oh, your getting rid of your "mostly stock" look???

or is the truck just sitting there.

·
Registered
247 Posts
That aint shit....my family and i were goin down to houston in my dads truck and we was goin down I-35 and a big ass bird hit our windshield........there was glass all over the damn place.....scrathed the paint...dented the hood....so yea that sucked!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts