GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Bla*k *n Bla*k
6,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For about 15 minutes anyway....I had to stay up for whatever daylight we get here now. I got here sunday night at about 3am and it was snowing like a bastard then.

When I first get to location I have to install this transducer (blue cable out the top) into the rigs red standpipe. This sends mud pulses to surface for my computer to decode.
transducer.gif

I then get the joy of stringing this cable (took 4 ofo them) to my shack. You try climbing on and around this fucking thing when it's -20 outside and +20 inside right beside the steam heater.
bop2.gif

bop1.gif

And flag the shit out of it with orange tape
DSCF0331.gif

you can also see it here
DSCF0334.gif

The toyo's work like a dream in all this deep snow
DSCF0336.gif

my co worker parked his lbz right inbetween those 2 huge snow piles. I got to shovel the matting and a path too
DSCF0332.gif

another day in paradise, my coveralls got my name stiched in yee haw
DSCF0338.gif

·
Bla*k *n Bla*k
6,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now it's been raining for the last hour or so and starting to goto snow. My trucks gonna be frozen to the ground pretty much now

Sweet.. I just got my tickets and im trying to get on with precision.

Right on man, they do a shitload of work in southern sask I know, but if you can get on the biggest rig you can thats gonna work for the next couple mopnths. Otherwise your gonna be layed off prolly in like 3-4 months.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Nice pics. Looks to cold for my blood.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
i miss havins snow but damn i do not miss the cold one bit.....cant beat 90* in beginnning of March IMO...

sweet pics though man....whatever you are doing for a living sounds like a real pain in the ass, hella dirty, and no fun at all!

·
Bla*k *n Bla*k
6,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i miss havins snow but damn i do not miss the cold one bit.....cant beat 90* in beginnning of March IMO...

sweet pics though man....whatever you are doing for a living sounds like a real pain in the ass, hella dirty, and no fun at all!
haha I'd call it more like living for a doing. I've had 4 days off since january in myown bed at home. My room mates are prolly laughing their asses off because I'm paying 1/3 of all the bills and left my big screen at our house.

It's really not a dirty job that I'm doing now. I only get dirty on my first and last day of work, the rest of the time I'm sitting in a trailer watching a computer, surfing gmfs or cranking one out.

Fuck I love the snow though, if there was more I'd be way happier. I just hate when it starts to melt and its all brown and shitty for like 2 months.

Right now I'm about 100 miles directly south east of this town
untitled.gif

1 - 16 of 16 Posts